Vacation Time

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Vacation Time

Post by Falker »

Vacation Time

Does any one here know a good place to go up to in the High Sierras around Mammoth Lakes ? We would like to go up there next month , either Camping or Lodging and well….time is short. ( it’s booking up quick and reservations are hard to come by. )

We normally go up to Tom’s place next to Rock Creek, but they are filled up. So I found this web page on the net.. http://www.sierragatewaymap.com/tom_m.html

Some nice places to go, I’ll haft to call them all up and see what’s available. Anyway I just thought I would ask incase there is a beauty of a place that someone here has been to , up above Bishop CA. It doesn’t haft to be close to a hot fishing spot, we can always drive there. But it does need to be worth the while. Thanks for any advice.

Falk

This is cabin 20 ~~ @ Tom’s. We stayed there plenty of times over the years ever since I was a youngster. Not the best Cabin , but , it’s still lots of fun. There is a creek a mere walk away where you can catch Creek Trout. We sat out there on that same porch plenty of times and drank a few cold ones just before fishing time.

Something like that would be nice, or a cool camp site. Hmmmmm, The thing is with camp sites ( up there ) is lots of mosquitoes. But I’ll take what I can get. Good thing about Camp sites is, Big Camp Fires!
We're in the pipe , five by five.