Drummer Hero

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Drummer Hero

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm not a console player but I found this to be damn impressive. Great choice of song too!

http://afrojacks.com/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=33
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

That is absolutely INSANE!! I would like to have seen a picture in picture of the guy drumming, for ummm verification. :)

I can't even drum that song on the EASY setting. Lol.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

what u have rockband softball :P
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

How does that work? Is he using actual sticks and a bass drum pedal?

Anyway, impressive, most impressive, but I would be even more impressed if he could play Good Times Bad Times by Led Zeppelin.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

well he has to hit specific drums when the cord is lit up on the screen the time it gets to the front of the screen. similer idea with the guitar and such. its not true drum play or anything but its interesting.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Yes I have Rockband. :P The drum set has (4) "drum pads" (One for each gamepad color) and a pedal for the bass drum. You use real drum sticks on the "drum pads" as the colors reach the front of the screen. The solid yellow line across the screen means you have to hit the bass drum pedal. Although it's not a real drum set, it is damned difficult; even on the easy setting.

I am a little suspect of that performance, as that seems TOO good on the expert setting. Perhaps they used the Gamepad controller to complete it instead of the drums? *shrug* Either way, they did very well on that setting.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

He might be a drummer - ok so it's not exactly the same, but the levels of co-ordination and timing you'd get from having drumming experience would probably put you ata great advantage.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

What's funny is that I paid more attention to the song itself than the drum hits lighting up on the screen. Tom Sawyer is one of my all time favorite songs.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

It's one of mine as well; athough, in this case, I was fascintated by the rhythm of the song...the lights helped me recognize the pattern. Complicated much?