Stargate SG-1

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Stargate SG-1

Post by Softball »

I just started watching my Stargate SG-1 Ultimate DVD Edition. I have watched a few episodes here and there over the years, and I did like the Stargate movie. After watching the Pilot Episode (2 hours) and the first two Season 1 Episodes, I have to say I'm hooked. I can't stop watching it now. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series. Should keep me busy until BSG Season 4 starts.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Indeed.

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll eventually watch the series. I've had the movie on dvd though for a while and I love it.

I've heard though that the season without Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson wasn't very good.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I need to pick that thing up as well as the Angle 5season dvd pack as well. Trying to also figure out what other ones I want to get.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

PanzerMeyer wrote:I'll eventually watch the series. I've had the movie on dvd though for a while and I love it.

I've heard though that the season without Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson wasn't very good.
It was Ok, but i never felt the replacement character was that good - i'm guessing the producers felt more or less the same way, hence bringing Jackson back...that said, they're all worth watching, as there's some good storylines in there.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I'm not sure what the deal was with him leaving and returning anyway.

I'm going to start watching it soon, but right now I'm watching BSG and a bunch of other stuff!
The Jedi Master
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Finished watching all three seasons of BSG last week and i do think this is definitely one of the best Sci-Fi series around at the moment. Only problem is i don't have any more episodes to watch. PDT_Armataz_01_19

On the up side i had Firefly recommended to me and have just finished downloading the entire series from a tv share site so this might just pass the time until season 4 BSG comes out. PDT_Armataz_01_12
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Softball

Post by Softball »

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Firefly. When it's over you will likely be asking for more and saying something to the effect of "Why the heck did they cancel this excellent show after one season?"

Stargate SG-1 lasted 10 seasons, I guess that means it was a pretty successful TV show. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Firefly. When it's over you will likely be asking for more and saying something to the effect of "Why the heck did they cancel this excellent show after one season?"

Stargate SG-1 lasted 10 seasons, I guess that means it was a pretty successful TV show. :)
Stargate had the huge advantage of being a cable show which means that the ratings it has to generate in order to stay on the air are not nearly as high as what is required of a network show. Had Firefly originally been a cable show, it would probably still be on the air.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nemisis wrote:Finished watching all three seasons of BSG last week and i do think this is definitely one of the best Sci-Fi series around at the moment. Only problem is i don't have any more episodes to watch. PDT_Armataz_01_19
I still have 8 more episodes to go before I finish season 3 and then I'll be watching Razor.

As for me, the new BSG is one of my top 5 favorite sci-fi shows of all time. Everything about the show is outstanding.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I know why Firefly failed...it took too long to find its audience.
I watched the first few live, then stopped. I picked it up again a month or so later and started to get into it...then it was canned.

If Fox had more patience, like they did back when the XF started, it would've stayed on the air.

There's no question the XF would've been canceled its first season if it came out now, with the same ratings it had then, the way Fox treats shows now. We should be glad it aired when it did.
The Jedi Master