Prince Harry

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Prince Harry

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Here's a guy who has every privilege and advantage in the world and yet he still decides to serve his country in a war zone. Very admirable in my opinion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7269743.stm
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well to be honest, back in olden times, kings and such went into battle. Now usually they stayed back to command, but sometimes they had to fight. Ones that ran where considered courdely, so royalties actually fighting use to be common and also is done in the battletech story lines. So hey here is a guy who I would love to have on a throne as he is willing to put life on the line for the country.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Good on him....after a few 'incidents' when he was a bit younger, he's straightened up pretty well...i feel very sorry for his older brother, Prince William, who as second in line to the throne is apparently not allowed to serve in Afghanistan or Iraq iirc
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

um that guy (Prince William) apparently wanted to go to the animation programs at Sheridan collage (same collage I went to). The queen even visited, I was one of the people who got to be int eh small croud when she cam in so yes I have seen the queen lol. I don't know if he went but he was accepted, go figure lol.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:um that guy (Prince William) apparently wanted to go to the animation programs at Sheridan collage (same collage I went to). The queen even visited, I was one of the people who got to be int eh small croud when she cam in so yes I have seen the queen lol. I don't know if he went but he was accepted, go figure lol.
That's a great story Veg. I had no idea that you had seen Elizabeth II in person.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I have too...spoken to her as well (if only to say good morning ma'am), when she came to open the new English Language building at my school when it was 500 years old.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Think you got better chances then me and any of us lol but thats cool man.

Now the fun part is the dinner at the school each department picked 2 students to attend, My friend Al was hand picked to be at the dinner. So ya he had dinner with the queen, now that means dinner in big room, he never talked to her. But he said she is extreamly animated.

Its one of those things tho that its kind of nice to say you have done idea lol.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

They all put on their pants the same way we do and guess what they all bleed the same way we do (maybe a little thinner), so how about we get the hell over this. I know some will take offense to this but I do believe there are more pressing issues in the world like ummm lets say [highlight=red]OIL FUTURES!!!![/highlight]

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

LMAO O I agree that they are nothing more then humans, but hey here is one who is wiling to be like the rest of us and put hs neck on the line.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Well he needs to dye his hair black cause that Irish red will make him a big ass target. Yes be like one of us, but also look at it this just like you said earlier, kings and the male royal family were expected to be at the front lines or the very least be at the battlefield. Death before dishonor.

DA
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

daofcmacg wrote:OIL FUTURES
DA
I distinctly remember seeing people laugh on tv a couple years ago when they were asked if they thought oil would ever hit $100 a barrel.

hehe..oops.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

That would be Scottish Red colored hair....I'm pretty sure the royal bloodlines do not flow out of Ireland.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

The good ole Irish are known for their Red Hair not the Scott's. Yes yes the Scott's have a gene pool of red, but I'm willing to bet thats not Scottish red he sports.

DA
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Hmm...being as the Royal bloodline runs from Edinburgh to London, and there is already Prince Edward ?? who is a Scott (he was the one who pontificated about crap at Di's funeral to the point I figured Charles was going to hang is nuts from the doors of London Tower) and I'm a Scott by heritage on 3 sides of my family and red hair runs all thru my family.....but anyway....

I give him props for serving and not playing the privileged card or going off to school someplace safe (like Bill) or something