Neighbors

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

Neighbors

Post by Tach Deneva »

They're only 117.5 trillion miles away. Here's hoping they don't come over asking to borrow a plunger like some terrestrial neighbors I know...

Clickies
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
PanzerMeyer

Re: Neighbors

Post by PanzerMeyer »

LOL This is like the fourth thread I've seen today about this story between the two message boards that I visit every day.

Personally, I dont see what the big deal is. This system is 20 light years away from us and as always, the statements about possible life are conjectures and I think this story was drummed up to try and bring some badly needed attention to NASA. It will be a couple hundred years at least until humanity has the ability to travel to such a distant system and that's a very optimistic estimate!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Nemisis

Re: Neighbors

Post by Nemisis »

Just because this planet is in the habitable zone means diddly squat. Does it have a magnetosphere to stop it's star from blowing it's atmosphere away to a level similiar to mars? have the gasses that are in the atmosphere gone to what happened to Venus and supergreenhoused it? it could be and most likely is a desolate lump of rock with a thin uninhabitable atmosphere just like LV426 and you know what we found there!
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]