Any HOTAS recommendations?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

Any HOTAS recommendations?

Post by Hudson »

I can't afford the warthog setup, which doesnt even come with pedals - does anyone have any cheaper recommendations?

The Logitech G940 package is pretty enticing since it's everything and has pretty good reviews, but at that price I'm still very hisitant: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Flight-S ... 888&sr=8-1
Buffalo Six

Re: Any HOTAS recommendations?

Post by Buffalo Six »

Depends on how often you want to replace the logitech stick. They may...I say may, have gotten better since I used to use them but I also had Best Buy on Speed dial and took full advantage of their no questions asked replacement policy. I had to get a new stick about every other month IIRC.

I currently have a full CH setup, and they are good quality sticks and such. Mine have been thru the wringer and are still have no slop. Not sure what the New TM warthog is using for stick software (updated Foxy?) but the CH software is outstanding.

I do have my eye on the warthog. I have a TSR500 wheel/peddle setup for the PS3 and it is outstanding so maybe just maybe TM has got their shit figured out and are once again producing fine hardware.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

TM Warthog uses the new TARGET software from TM. I have a Cougar HOTAS and still use Foxy. But TARGET supports Cougar, Warthog, 1600, and Cougar Pack MFD's so it is the wave of the future for
TM.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm a lefty so no HOTAS for me!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

PanzerMeyer wrote:I'm a lefty so no HOTAS for me!
Well, you COULD try some ambidextrous training; seeing as there seems to be a lack of left handed HOTAS devices.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

especially in planes and helicopters. :)
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:especially in planes and helicopters. :)

That's ok, my original plan was to join the NAVY after college and be a submarine officer until a little thing called my open heart surgery in 1981 threw a big monkey wrench into those plans. :-(
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen