Planetary Annihilation

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

Planetary Annihilation

Post by Hudson »

They hit beta today. It's finally possible to have multiple planet combat though the AI seems not to have caught on.

Still I smashed a moon into a planet today. At about 4 minutes I figured out the system and launched the moon at the planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2zTkiOAPAo
Softball

Re: Planetary Annihilation

Post by Softball »

Where's the Kaboom?

The planets seem a bit on the small side and the zoomed out view looks 2D. Looks cool.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

The radius for the planets is adjustable. I made a small moon because a 200 radius only takes 3 delta v rockets. a 300 radius takes 25.

The planet it smashed into didn't feel too big or small when playing against one opponent, however again you can make planets as big or as small as you want to.

As for the boom... I was disappointed about that too :)

I can only assume because it's beta what we saw is the short term solution and a giant explosion is the end game.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Full version is out. I sent full retail codes to Gator, Helmut, and Ghost. If they decide not to use the codes, I will put them up for grabs for anyone else to have.

Played a game tonight, pretty fun game. Still needs some TLC (No save game for example) but so far it's a fast paced RTS a lot like the Supreme Commander series. The tutorial is basically a simple video on how the game works, no advanced info such as how in the heck do you leave your starting planet? I for the life of me could not figure it out. I did however figure out how to launch Nuke missiles via intergalactic travel and won the game by killing the enemy commander. Call it a lucky shot, but a W is a W. :D

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

There is a unit you build in orbit to take u bits between planets. You have it come down, pick some units up, go back up and to another planet. I did it long ago. Haven't played in a long time but that was the gist of it.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I guess I'll have to figure out what unit or building builds that orbital unit. Is there only 1 building upgrade level (Advanced)?

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I'll have to reinstall and relearn to be honest. It's been a long while since I played :)