Grifter's PC Build

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

Grifter's PC Build

Post by Hudson »

The empty case:

The controller:

Everything set up on the floor, ready for software install:

Parts:

Motherboard in case:

Nearly everything hooked up. Only things different are an 120GB SSD I added to install DCS on, and a 4GB Memory DIMM grifter bought after we discovered one of the 1GB DIMM modules was dead. The PC would not recognize the other without a pair oddly, so with 2GB DCS World was more DCS Slideshow. Anyway, he has 6GB now, so he has the bare minimum for RAM as well.

Case buttoned up

Molly doing a final QA Check

PC Set up on my desk next to mine, ready for Grifter to check out.
VEGETA

Re: Grifter's PC Build

Post by VEGETA »

nice setup

I am long overdue for a new pc. LAST one I built I still lived int he states so closing on 7 years or so.

anyway looks good :)
Softball

Post by Softball »

That setup doesn't look like it will handle the hikes very well. :P If anyone is overdue for a new PC, it's most certainly Grifter. It's been WAY too long Grifter.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah despite the fact that I presently suck at DCS, I still enjoyed last night's flight. It was fun to just hang out on TS and mess around in the cockpit. Have to say that Hudson built me one hell of a machine and I'm very, very grateful to him and Hammer. Thanks guys!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

No worries Grifter. I also sucked at DCS World when I first started playing it. It's simply a learning curve that all of us have to get over eventually.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen