free games - which for mp?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

free games - which for mp?

Post by Hammer »

so it seems like a good idea to get games we can play together, but it is not required. if you ask for a code you can get whatever you like.

some of the better games on the list that are mp:

dungeon siege 3 (4 player coop 3rd person)
dirt 3 (rally car racing)
total war: napoleon
total war: shogun 2
alien vs predator
company of heroes 2

then of course the star citizen ship, but you would still need to spend $30 to get access to the full game. otherwise this comes with access to the dogfight module (acts like mwo currently does) and the racing module.

some of these are quite feasible but a bit older, probably still quite fun though.

what do people like and think they would get?
Helmut
Hudson

Re: free games - which for mp?

Post by Hudson »

I got total war: shogun 2. I also have company of heroes 2.

Getting a new hard drive soon so I can install more stuff soon. My hard drive is full-ish.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm always free to do some Shogun TW 2 and COH 2!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I tried some dungeon siege and it is OK. I do not like the limited zoom out, I like to be able to zoom out quite a bit more.

while Titan Quest is older, there are some good things about it. the main one is 6 player coop wihout class limitations, unlike DS3.
Helmut
KaoticStealth

Post by KaoticStealth »

If I had the opportunity I would play dirt 3. It seems like a pretty good racing game and from the looks of it the community is lacking in racing games.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I did some research into dirt 3, seems there are multi player issues with it. kinda defeats the purpose.

yes, our community does not do much for racing games, but part of the issue is you really need a wheel and pedals to play any of the racing games to a decent level of competency. that is a cost barrier to most. that said, there are current games that can be played for free with limitations to try out racing - so the first issue is getting a wheel and pedals.
Helmut