Key Loggers and screen cature malware.

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bronurstomp

Key Loggers and screen cature malware.

Post by Bronurstomp »

Hey has anyone heard of Strikeforce's GuardiD? It's sposed to encrypt your key strokes to counter keyloggers, and prevent maleware from taking screenshots.
Anyone in IT or cybersecurity got an opinion?
Hammer

Re: Key Loggers and screen cature malware.

Post by Hammer »

well, you should not have a keylogger or malware on your system in the first place. if you run a decent anti-virus and do not visit questionable web sites there are no worries?
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Right, I agree, but it happens. Personally, I'm pretty careful, and I run Vipre antivirus, and I have never had any issues with any of my online banking.
But I have had a game get hacked. Back when I was playing World of Warcraft, my account got hacked by someone (I think) using a key logger, which I'm still not sure how got onto my computer. I was also never able to find it, and yet every time I had my account recovered, and changed my password, somehow it got attacked again. This continued until I made Blizzard send me an authenticator device. That put a stop to it.
So my question is: if I had had a keyboard encryptor, or a screenshot blocker like GuardedID, would that have countered the hacker?
Mainly, I'm just curious if the software is legit.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i do not know for sure, but i do believe the normal anti-virus apps detect keyloggers and definitely malware.
Helmut
Stache

Post by Stache »

Does anyone know anything about this program, Hacker Deterrent. its been popping up in some of my web pages. did download and try it out, seems interesting but by not knowing a whole lot about it i uninstalled it. Here is the url. http://terraprivacy.com/hacker-deterren ... ign=adroll

all feedback is appreciated.

thanks