Status Report

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Warcry

Status Report

Post by Warcry »

Hi guys. How is everyone doing? (I'm probably gonna get reprimanded again by admin...Wrong channel Warcry!!! lol)

I'm hunkering down in Philippines with my wife and daughter for maybe a year. I might take up a remote contract position with a previous employer. I just have to contact the CFO.

Let me know how you guys are doing. It'd be nice to hear from you guys.

-Warcry
Hammer

Re: Status Report

Post by Hammer »

Warcry,
Nice to hear from you, even if only occasionally! Hope you are doing well.

What the heck are you doing in the Phillipines? How is COVID over there?
Helmut
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yea, I'm doing alright. I just wanted to check that everyone's doing fine as well. I don't really play much anymore that's why I've been AWOL. :)

Well, my wife and daughter have been living in the Philippines for several years. I was flying home once a year to see them. Then, this COVID fiasco happened and I decided to be with them.

New cases are decreasing in the city where we live. Vaccination rollout isn't going smoothly. However, my wife and I were vaccinated in LA. My daughter is still unvaccinated. Just waiting on the go signal for her.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Stay safe Warcry. Is your wife originally from the Philippines? Just curious since I dated a Filipino woman many moons ago. lol
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

HEy Warcry,

My family is from the Philippines...Manila and Paranaque mostly. Whereabouts are you?

Hope you can stay safe out there.

Panzer,

you probably dated my cousin. That's why I never dated a Filipina, she would probably be my cousin. We're everywhere. HAHAHA

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Panzer,
Yup, she was born in Manila and I was born in Cebu.

Bones,
We are in Taguig. So, far we've been OK from Covid. My wife placed several alcohol dispensers at home, a couple in the car and she gave us all a small bottle to carry with us. :) She has a stricter Covid protocol. I'm just glad she isn't making us wear hazmat suits!

My Mom actually called relatives when I dated my wife in CA. She was making sure we weren't related. Lol
Bones

Post by Bones »

Warcry,

Oh, cool, a fellow Pinoy! And so close to my family's area too. IF I ever go back to the PI will have to look you up!

That's funny that your mom called relatives. Same sort of thing happened here. This was guy was interested in my sister and he was a Flip...and oddly enough he had my mom's maiden name.

Well he turned up in our family tree. His mother was married into our family something like twice removed and so he was a distant cousin by marriage not blood, but still what were the chances? And this weirded everyone out especially him so his pursuits ended. We're all still friends ever since.

I hear there is great scuba in Cebu...I really want to dive there sometime.

That's good that you are taking what COVID precautions you can. My wife and I are both overly cautious too, as we have a 3 year old. We did get vaccinated though so that helps!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot