Multiple Installation Problem on Steam

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Multiple Installation Problem on Steam

Post by Bones »

So any of you who are on Steam:

I installed Steam on another computer so that I can play DCS on it while away from my main PC. It runs, but non-ED modules such as the F-14 will not let me into the cockpit. I can view the plane in external view, view it on the F10 map , but that's it. Apparently it won't validate the license since I have it on another computer. The ED ones (such as F/A-18) work just fine.

So anyone know how to fix this? I know you can't play 2 Steam games at the same time without it logging off your other account, or unless you have an authorized computer. but I even shut down DCS and Steam on my main rig before firing everything up on the laptop.

I tried a few fixes from the web such as shown here:
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fi ... op-5-tips/

Nothing worked. I also did an uninstall/reinstall and file validation. It just thinks I don't have a license. Any other ideas?

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Re: Multiple Installation Problem on Steam

Post by Hammer »

no idea, but did you try ED forums?
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yes, and the Steam forums.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

my guess is it something with the work laptop we discussed last night.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Might need to ask HB or whoever they are about it. Seems like a definite CP limitation.
The Jedi Master