Just Bought New Rudder Pedals

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Jedi Master

Just Bought New Rudder Pedals

Post by Jedi Master »

So, just a couple of months after buying my Orion HOTAS, I've bought the MFG Crosswinds pedals...

To replace the Logi/Saitek that broke with a loud SNAP on Wed nite. PDT_Armataz_01_19

I watched videos online and saw the part that broke is a weak plastic part the spring attaches to. You can get a metal replacement but to replace both (because I know the right will likely go soon after the left) is almost as much the pedals themselves!

TM's pendular pedals are $550+ and the Saitek are $150 but I wanted something in the middle. The MFG look really good at $350, so I've placed my order and now I wait.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Re: Just Bought New Rudder Pedals

Post by Hammer »

are you able to get by until those arrive?
Helmut
Jedi Master

Re: Just Bought New Rudder Pedals

Post by Jedi Master »

I can. It's the left toe brake that broke. I am considering whether to remap the right pedal to just "both" brakes or just leaving it as is.

The spring is totally gone, but the pot works. So it moves to either depressed or not but then stays there depending on gravity and where my foot is.
The lack of resistance is off-putting, but manageable.

I've had these exactly three years, July of 2018 I got them, so I guess that was a decent if not impressive run for a $150 set of pedals. These new ones after shipping, currency conversion, and other associated things are going to cost me just shy of triple that, but still $100 less than the TM and also they look like they will work far better for me.
The Jedi Master