Hamilton Warplane Heritage Museum Pictures

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Hamilton Warplane Heritage Museum Pictures

Post by Trichome »

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share a few photos from the Warplane Heritage Museum here in Hamilton Ontario. Its about 15 min drive from my house and I try to go at least once a year to support them. I plan on going a few time this year and Ill make another post about that if they have anything new.

Amongst the other planes that fly still (and they do sell flights to the public) I have the amazing pleasure and am extremely lucky to have one of the only 2 flying Lancaster Bombers left in the world fly over my house multiple time a summer. The sound is incredible and I can only imagine what 500 or 1000 of those must have sounded like..... The Lancaster does get a new paint scheme every year to celebrate another flight, person or mission.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Anyways just wanted to share....Check out the link above. Cheers!

Trichome
Hammer

Re: Hamilton Warplane Heritage Museum Pictures

Post by Hammer »

wow, cool. here we get B-25 and B-24 occasionally from Gillespie Field - it is quite the hot spot for military aircraft owners. That is on top of Osprey's, Hornets, Sea Stallions/Pave Low's, Blackhawks, Cobra's, and Lightning II's to/from Miramar Air Station and the desert playgrounds.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

That sounds like a pretty wild lineup. Id love it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

occasionally it does get pretty loud here, especially with the heavy rotaty wing aircraft. the windows vibrate. some find it annoying.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I haven't been to an air show since 1998. I am very long overdue for one.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen