Sorry Trichrome!

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Sorry Trichrome!

Post by Bones »

Sorry to keep you waiting. It was updating, but then it stopped saying disk write error and when I tried again it said missing files.

So I actually uninstalled and reinstalled and that took forever...but the problem kept happening anyway!

Well, I finally got it to work after running Steam as an admin, but by then you had just left. I tried to call out to you but I wasn't fast enough.

But thanks for waiting and helping with what you did!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Sorry Trichrome!

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Sorry that you've been having this issue but I will also say that after reading about the problems you've had with DCS in Steam, I am now more convinced than ever that I will never import DCS into Steam.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I do agree, for DCS I think DCS is better off on its own.

I do think you can register all the Steam stuff in their portal and install it outside of steam. one time thing though.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah, plus I like that the updates are automatic/seamless, and not dependent on torrents. They come in faster that way. Too bad it's a one time migration thing.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 08:47
Too bad it's a one time migration thing.

v6,
boNes
Hey, as long as you don't change your desktop or your hard drive doesn't die on you, you have nothing to worry about!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I believe once you register your keys on the ED portal under your account it no longer matters regarding desktop, system, hard drives, etc. There is no more starforce with activations, et al.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Bones wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 00:02
Sorry to keep you waiting. It was updating, but then it stopped saying disk write error and when I tried again it said missing files.

So I actually uninstalled and reinstalled and that took forever...but the problem kept happening anyway!

Well, I finally got it to work after running Steam as an admin, but by then you had just left. I tried to call out to you but I wasn't fast enough.

But thanks for waiting and helping with what you did!

v6,
boNes
No worries at all. I'm sorry I just missed you.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Ok so from what I was reading, it looks like if you have Steam DCS, you can transfer the keys to Stand-alone and it will work on stand-alone and the keys in Steam will be retained in Steam. So if you decide to go back to Steam, you still can. The only caveat is if you bought any modules in Standalone, they can only work in standalone.:

From https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 2584411725

“Please note that the transferred products will now be available in your Standalone install and also remain available in your Steam Version.
You may also only transfer from Steam to Standalone, Standalone to Steam transfer is not available.“

Sound about right?

v6,
boNes
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, i do know for sure that anything you purchase in ED store will not work on steam. one reason i buy direct from ED is they get more of the money, steam does not get a cut.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 19:48
steam does not get a cut.
And it's a significant cut too. Around 30%.