Rudder Pedals

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Rudder Pedals

Post by Trichome »

Hi everyone.... debating about pulling the trigger on these. I have the Logitech X52 Hotas and think this is a good compromise between price and build for rudder pedals ( this is an ask for forgives after type of purchase...lol)

Logitech G Pro Flight Rudders 250$ CAD

Anyone use these?

Thanks....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grifter

Re: Rudder Pedals

Post by Grifter »

I can't speak to their reliability or accuracy. I own a pair of Saitek rudder pedals. The rudder pedals are metal and sit in a plastic base. They have toe breaks. The problem is they are very sensitive. I could probably fix that in-game with some curves. My experience with Logitech X-52 Pro wasn't great, but then again I received it second hand. I think Logitech makes some fairly cheap stuff. If you temper your expectations about longevity of the item, I don't think it's the worst buy. Obviously, there are more expensive options out there that might be more reliable.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

check what Jedi just ordered as well. I do not think they were much more, and will probably last your lifetime.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hammer wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 16:36
check what Jedi just ordered as well. I do not think they were much more, and will probably last your lifetime.

Ohh man these are about double but now you got the wheels turning. This may be more of an ask for permission from the Wife first.... The reviews are awesome on this and it does seem like a better build. Bite the bullet now or go cheaper and hope I get 3 yrs out of them like JediMaster did....? Going to haver to ponder this a bit longer.....

https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudders/1-mfg-cr ... phite.html

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

if possible, bite the bullet now. my saitek pro flight rudder pedals have been kicking around for at least 5 years, but i long for something more precise and wish i would have put the money for them into something better at the time. now i must ask my wife for permission. ;)
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Trichome wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 14:58
Hi everyone.... debating about pulling the trigger on these. I have the Logitech X52 Hotas and think this is a good compromise between price and build for rudder pedals ( this is an ask for forgives after type of purchase...lol)

Logitech G Pro Flight Rudders 250$ CAD

Anyone use these?

Thanks....
I actually use those same ones. They work fine, but the software that comes with it, to me, is useless. But you don’t need software for it anyway. My big complaint is how they anchor down…they don’t. I have mine braced up against an old VCR but it works. Other than that they work just fine and I use the a lot given I’m a Tomcatter.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I got my Saitek Pro rudder pedals used off of EBay several years ago and they are still working great. I mounted them to a large section of 3/4" mdf left over from my scratch built arcade cabinet. They don't move after I mounted them.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

So, the day I posted the last comment above I had a water leak in my basement (WW2 era house) and it was 400$ to get it all sorted. Needless to say that bit into what would have been my better set of rudder pedals.

Good news is I at least got the Logitech ones and have them all setup.

Only issue now is to get my office chair to stop moving...lol... 1st World / DCS problems.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Trichome wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 12:59

Only issue now is to get my office chair to stop moving...lol... 1st World / DCS problems.
I have that issue too...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm a lefty so I just use the twist rudder feature on my stick.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 03:56
I tried that for a while but in the Tomcat, the use of rudder to turn is VERY important and required very fine handling of it, so it was better off for me to get rudder pedals to fly her effectively (just liek real life).

v6,
boNes
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 03:56

Ive always used the twist also. This is going to take some getting used to. I may have smashed into a hangar wall on my first go at it...lol
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I've used pedals in flying since...2000? Whenever my friend gave me his 1st gen TM RCS (gold anodized frame) when he got the 2nd gen.

I used them forever up to my Cougar, then went with the ones that came with my G940. When that gave out, got the Log/Saitek, and now the MFG.
The Jedi Master