Time flies

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Time flies

Post by PanzerMeyer »

It's my understanding that RLG was formed in 2001? It just feels surreal sometimes that this gaming group has been around for 20 years.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Re: Time flies

Post by Hammer »

actually before 2001. someone i met online playing a realism mod for unreal tournament and I formed rlgaming.com in about 1999. the forums for wings-of-fury, rlgaming, and elh (a mechwarrior 3 and 4 group) were merged in 2001 and that is why you see the start as 2001.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ah ok. Thanks for that info Hammer. The only UT game I ever played was UT 2003. I played that one quite a bit with Jedi against AI bots.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

The mod was called Infiltration (just remembered it).
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The only mod I played for a UT game was "Red Orchestra". I also bought Red Orchestra II but gave it up after a while when it became apparent that the focus of the game was PvP.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Started gaming with Buff, Tac and Hondo in 2000. We joined RLG after a year or so as part of the ELH Battletech merc unit when the Stimer one we where in went for a crap. So ya has been a while.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Whoa. Nice to see you’re still alive Veg.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ya i live. and will have more gaming time it seams. that said WTF is the password to get into team speak :/
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:
15 Aug 2021, 15:08
and will have more gaming time it seams.

Did you get lucky and retire? PDT_Armataz_01_22
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Pretty awesome this group has been going for so long....
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 13:00
Pretty awesome this group has been going for so long....
Most definitely! Even more sobering for me is that I've been playing PC flight sims since 1989. Damn I'm old.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for joining me and Jedi for Borderlands last night Veg! It was definitely great to relive the good ol' days again. :-)