Current armed conflicts in the world

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Current armed conflicts in the world

Post by PanzerMeyer »

For the purposes of this thread "armed conflicts" includes wars between opposing nation states, civil wars, counter-terrorism operations and anti-piracy operations.

1. Afghanistan (Taliban, ISIL, etc.)
2. Mexico (Cartel drug war)
3. Yemen (Yemeni Civil War)
4. Tigray War (Ethiopian-Sudanese war)
5. Myanmar Conflict (civil war)
6. Somali Civil War
7. Syrian Civil War

There are several other on-going conflicts but those are classified as "minor" since they involve annual fatalities of less than 5,000.

What surprised me most about this list is the Somali Civil War. I thought that was resolved a while ago. It's almost surreal to think that the "Blackhawk Down" engagement occurred 28 years ago.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
PanzerMeyer

Re: Current armed conflicts in the world

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Well, and it looks like #1 just got a whole lot more interesting just now.....
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

rather less interesting and more disturbing.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah, I can't believe all those lives, efforts, years, and I hate to say but money has been all for nothing.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

88 billion pissed down the drain by the US Federal government but they are quite adept at doing that anyway. And besides, they can just print more.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, it is disturbing for more reasons than that. racial, ethnic and religious 'cleansing' will be the norm there, with the not so good guys coming out on top.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Agree 100% hammer and the saddest part is that region has shown that it will not and cannot change. At this point the West (ie NATO) needs to wash its hands completely of that region.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the downside of that policy is a larger, more powerful foe in the future along with the cost in human lives and rights.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 10:57
the downside of that policy is a larger, more powerful foe in the future along with the cost in human lives and rights.
It's either that or a permanent US presence in Afghanistan. Pick your poison!