"Top Gun" Behind the Scenes of the Filming Locations at KC BBQ Today

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

"Top Gun" Behind the Scenes of the Filming Locations at KC BBQ Today

Post by Bones »

For those of you on FB or local to San Diego:

You can find the event on FB under the group "Top Gun Movie Fans.":
https://fb.me/e/19ewxaxdd

Come with us below the Hard Deck for an incredibly special hybrid-livestream Top Gun special event.
Discover everything you've ever wanted to know about the filming of Top Gun, such as the locations used, what was involved in getting things just right, what was Tony Scott like, how the actors interacted with each other on and off set, as well as the day to day life of making the movie, directly from the very people who were there and were part of it.
During this livestream event, that you can access from anywhere in the world with an internet connection, we'll be joining Frank Whiteley (who was Tom Cruise's bodyguard) and Billy Badalato (was the the assistant to Don Simpson) who will be at the Kansas City Barbeque at 3pm on September 11th to deliver what will be a fantastic couple of hours that all Top Gun fans will want to experience.
With the atmosphere of the KC BBQ where the famous 'bar scene' and the 'final scene' were filmed Frank and Billy will be answering your Top Gun questions about the filming of the movie. These are the guys who were there.
You'll get to hear what it was like behind the scenes of Top Gun, all of the filming locations, what was involved in setting up filming for the scenes such as when Charlie chased Maverick and they ended up kissing, how many takes did some scenes take, what went wrong and what it really took to get a scene just right, including the cemetery scene that never made it in to the final version of the movie.

Talk to Me Goose!
Watch online or come and be part of the event in person. If you head to the Kansa City BBQ in San Diego between 3pm and 5pm on September 11th you can put your Top Gun questions to Frank and Billy live and be part of the livestream.
This is an incredible opportunity to meet Frank and Billy as well as appearing on the livestream. (famos at last).
If you can't make it to the bar on that day you can still ask your questions live during the event or send me your questions in advance and I'll put them to Frank and Billy for you.
We'll also get to know more about the Kansa City BBQ from the people who now run the bar and we'll learn more about the incredible history of the piano that was used in the bar scene too.
Great balls of fire!!

This is a very special hybrid event which means you can access it live via an internet connection or you can attend in person by visiting the Kansas City BBQ during the event and appear on the livestream.
Either way, this is a totally free event for you to enjoy.
We're also going to be joined by a special guest who you may know as California Tom Cruise. Jerome Leblanc will also be joining us as 'Maverick' and sharing with us some of his incredible artwork. Yes, the guy who happens to look like Mavericks twin brother also happens to be a very talented artist.
If you attend the KC BBQ you also be able to meet Jerome.

Now this is turning into something really special but we may also have another trick up our sleeves that we'll save for the special day.
So, are you coming?
Remember, you can tune in to this livestream event from your living room via the internet or you can turn up at the KC BBQ and actually be a part of the event.
Now that would be something really special.
Hit the "Interested" or "Going" button to and you'll be kept up to date with this event via notifications on FB.
I am really excited to be hosting this event as part of the "Below The Hard Deck" series

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot