Windows 10 Forced Update

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Windows 10 Forced Update

Post by Falker939 »

My computer was running fine until my last forced update that loaded a new set of drivers for my operating system. Then my computer was taking longer to start up , my internet browser was taking longer to open and then my keyboard and mouse just quit working.

Here’s a tip, make sure automatic updates are turned off - unless you like to get them all the time.
Naxt: Follow these steps to Turn off Forced updates

1. Fire up the Run command ( Win + R ). Type in “services. msc” and hit Enter.
2. Select the Windows Update service from the Services list.
3. Click on the “General” tab and change the “Startup Type” to “Disabled”.
4. Restart your machine.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Re: Windows 10 Forced Update

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for those tips! I'm still perplexed over the WIN 11 thing. I distinctly remember the current Microsoft CEO saying that WIN 10 was the end of the product line for their OS.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

I hope so , sometimes I really hate Windows 10 but what else is there? Some said they like Linux but that was a long time ago.. I will keep an eye out for Win 11 and check the reviews. <S>
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Falker939 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 15:10
Some said they like Linux but that was a long time ago..
The vast majority of PC games won't run on Linux so the Linux option is irrelevant for me. If all PC games ran (and ran well I might add) on Linux I would have dumped Windows a long time ago.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

same. although I use Linux daily, it is for servers. this forum runs on a linux instance.
Helmut