House of the Dragon

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

House of the Dragon

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Anyone else here as pumped up about this as I am?

I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Re: House of the Dragon

Post by Hammer »

likely far too 'adult' oriented for my household. not sure why all the extra 'stuff' needs to be in things nowadays.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Ill probably wait a season or so before the wife and I dig into it.... but Im sure it'll end up on the DL list.
Bones

Post by Bones »

After the horror that was the last season of GoT, I'm hesitant...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 16:32
likely far too 'adult' oriented for my household. not sure why all the extra 'stuff' needs to be in things nowadays.

That's like asking why did the Sopranos have so much extra stuff. The violence and gore are an integral part of the story.

But yes, I totally agree that this show is not appropriate for kids!
Last edited by PanzerMeyer on 07 Oct 2021, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 21:36
After the horror that was the last season of GoT, I'm hesitant...

v6,
boNes

Weiss and Benioff are long gone. This series is being run by George RR Martin and some other guy.

And for the record I was fine with the final season of GoT until the last 2 episodes. That was just atrociously handled.
Bones

Post by Bones »

PM,

Yes good point. it really was the last 2 episodes that sucked...

I'm sure you get the gist of this pic:
Starbucks of Thrones.jpg
v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ah yes, the infamous Starbucks coffee cup gaffe. There really is no excuse for a mistake like that for such a big budget/high profile series.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Well, I will certainly tune in and watch. But I'm skeptical. Most reboots/spin-offs are not up to the original. Some rare exceptions to that of course.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

If George RR Martin was not involved with this series I would share your skepticism Grifter.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5