New game options for Monday or Tuesday nights

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

MasonSatchmo

Re: New game options for Monday or Tuesday nights

Post by MasonSatchmo »

I’m also gonna throw the arma3 mod DayZ out there. We could all band together , built a base , fight other squads , etc . It’s good fun
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Okay so it seems we're going to try playing Siege on Tuesday nights. I'm going to update my install today and be ready to play. See you guys around 8:30-9 EDT? If I can get on at 8, then I'll log on.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I jumped into R6S today just to see how the controls are and if I could setup a multiplayer map . I attached 2 pictures. I get into MP options but I cant create a game. "Clearance Level 5 Needed" - Does anyone else have the ability to create a MP game? Just wanted to share. Not sure if it'll be an issue Tuesday. Cheers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

That's weird. Yeah we all should be able to create a game. Panzer, Jedi, me. Maybe you have to do some training? I'll check now to see if I can create a game. Although you probably don't want me hosting. For some reason people tend to find my connection laggy.

EDIT: Just checked and I can create a game. My guess is that you have to complete some solo training missions or something in order to have hosting privileges.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter is correct. You have to complete the solo training missions before you can host a COOP session. I'll see you guys at 8 pm on Tuesday for Siege.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Glad you guys can host games.... Ill be on around 8.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So it seems so far that Grifter, Jedi, Trichome and myself will be playing Siege. Anyone else?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

I tried it out yesterday, and man does it seem so arcadey. Like Call of Duty. What happened to the franchise? I loved the original Rainbow Six and it was more of a tactical squad simulator than an XBOX game. This is just my general first impression. Maybe I'm just tainted by Arma 3, but what happened to being able to tactically plan your mission, assign go codes, synchronize with the AI etc...?

Maybe I'm missing something since I've been away from them for awhile.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 06:37
I tried it out yesterday, and man does it seem so arcadey. Like Call of Duty. What happened to the franchise? I loved the original Rainbow Six and it was more of a tactical squad simulator than an XBOX game. This is just my general first impression. Maybe I'm just tainted by Arma 3, but what happened to being able to tactically plan your mission, assign go codes, synchronize with the AI etc...?

Maybe I'm missing something since I've been away from them for awhile.

v6,
boNes
Oh no bones, you are absolutely correct in everything you said. The old "tactical" Rainbow Six that you speak about died after Raven Shield.

Having said that, I think Siege is fun in coop mode against the enemy AI. Most Siege players though play it adversarial. That's really where most of the focus is anyway with how this game is marketed.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thanks for the insight. Too bad...I'm glad I still have my original Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear/Raven Shield CDs.

Well for mindless fun on a Tue night I guess Siege will do. I just remember playing MP on shoot em ups like Duke Nukem 3D and Quake it just became run shoot hide run shoot hide over and over for hours...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Siege coop is different. There are mission objectives depending on the mode you play. In one mode you have to defend a room with a hostage against the enemy and in another mode you have to defuse bombs and protect the defusing process while enemy tangos attack you in waves.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

To make the game more tactical, we can buddy up, assign responsibilities for different sight lines upon entering a room or defending a room. We break up into partners and elements. Run N' Gun is an option but is typically a good way to get yourself killed and overly simplifies the sim, taking away from the fun of others. I prefer the tactical approach, obviously. Still, Siege is a little hokie/silly in some of the "abilities" different team members are capable of. But, those abilities do lend themselves to strategy.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Good ideas Grifter. I'll see you guys tonight.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Great session last night guys! So I'm thinking that perhaps making the meeting time 9 PM will be better for us?
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I had a blast (pun certainly intended) last night. We did pretty well and backed each other up pretty much the whole time. Good comms too.

Looking forward to next Tuesday (or sooner if anyone is in) Ill usually try and be on for about 8:30..... (9 works)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yes, it was fun. I like how games were a la carte so if I had to leave and come back I could pretty easily. It's not as realistic as Arma3 but at least it was nice to not have to out too much thought in things and run around shooting things for a bit.

v6,
boNes
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I will also try to be on for 8:30. Had a great time. Pretty smooth entry, quick entry into rooms but as the #1 going in I found myself getting shot because I was moving so quick. I think next time we can work on synchronizing our entries into rooms, perhaps from different doors if the room has more than one point of entry! Or, using flashbangs before entry. Or breaching a wall! Muwhahahaa!

Love CQB.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Grifter wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 15:47
I think next time we can work on synchronizing our entries into rooms, perhaps from different doors if the room has more than one point of entry! Or, using flashbangs before entry. Or breaching a wall! Muwhahahaa!

Love CQB.
I think we may have been excited because we were kicking a**.....lol. Being a bit more coordinated will only make it more fun. Finishing it off with pistols only was a good time too. Makes me feel more John Wick and they sounds great in that game (suppressor on).
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm up for playing on "hard" difficulty. Just keep in mind that it is a considerable jump in difficulty from "Normal". It's almost exponential.