Vote for Game to Play on Mondays or Tuesdays

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Which Game Should We Play On Monday or Tuesday nights?

Poll ended at 25 Oct 2021, 15:20

IL2 BoX
33%
ARMA 3
33%
GR Breakpoint (or Wildlands)
33%
ESO F2P
No votes
BMS
No votes
Zero Hour
No votes
F2P like Destiny or Star Trek Online
No votes
Elite Dangerous
No votes

Total votes: 6

Grifter

Vote for Game to Play on Mondays or Tuesdays

Post by Grifter »

Please see the poll below and VOTE for your preferred game. We will play this game as a group on that either Monday or Tuesday night depending on the outcome of the game night poll. This poll will be up for seven days. I tried to include all the games mentioned in the previous thread. You may only make ONE choice, and so you should choose wisely.
Gator

Re: Vote for Game to Play on Mondays or Tuesdays

Post by Gator »

I would happily play several of those games.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Il2 or GR are both fine by me.
The Jedi Master
Bones

Post by Bones »

There should be a DCS option for those who still want to play it on Mondays/Tuesdays.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

I’m not sure if I get the attraction to ARMA 3 yet.. I dropped for the training mission the other day and to me... this looks and feels much like Ghost Recon. Old school.

That said , I believe Titanfall 2 blows ARMA 3 away in the eye candy department. This game is a trip! Yesterday I was on mission 5 in a research facility where was time warping back and forth from the past to the present - in order to get further ahead in the mission, while fighting off alien raptors , exploding droids that creep up on me , zombie combat robots and die hard enemy soldiers who have a have a hard on for me. This game is totally like a mix between Call of Duty and Half Life - and I’m diggin it! ツ
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Jedi Master wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 16:00
Il2 or GR are both fine by me.

Same here but since I could only pick one I picked GR Breakpoint.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I voted for ARMA3. GR would have been my first choice but with the limit on coop 4 players that may be an issue for us (?) I do like that we wouldn't have to deal with any mission editors...lol.

I think Zero Hour would have the same issue. 4 players but a great game.

I played a round of ARMA last night and it was only 4 of us and we did alright. We could try a Liberation Campaign? or I can search for a few smaller missions to see if this would work for us?

I'm not to interested in the Sci-fi kind of stuff and if Im going to spend my time flying and its only once a week (flight games) my preference would be DCS over IL2.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 06:01
if Im going to spend my time flying and its only once a week (flight games) my preference would be DCS over IL2.
This Monday/Tuesday session will be in addition to our DCS Wednesday night sessions. Nothing is changing with DCS on Wednesdays.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

There should be a DCS option for those who still want to play it on Mondays/Tuesdays.
DCS was not included because the premise of this discussion was to get away from DCS on Mondays. So, the assumption here, I think, is folks are a little burned out and looking for something different one of our two nights. Personally, I find myself wanting to do something a little different myself, but I have almost one foot out the door entirely as of late because I’ve been obsessed with my other hobby (backpacking) and my new school schedule is running me into the ground a bit. I also could only provide eight options in the poll.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Grifter wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 06:28
DCS was not included because the premise of this discussion was to get away from DCS on Mondays. So, the assumption here, I think, is folks are a little burned out and looking for something different one of our two nights. Personally, I find myself wanting to do something a little different myself, but I have almost one foot out the door entirely as of late because I’ve been obsessed with my other hobby (backpacking) and my new school schedule is running me into the ground a bit. I also could only provide eight options in the poll.
Ah yes but there is also that Mondays were used for training rather than Wed that were mission nights. That's why I mentioned there should still be that option.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I understand your meaning, but the premise of the question was originally to change DCS on Monday nights to a different game and hence its absence from the list of options. If anyone else would like to keep DCS on Monday night and NOT change the game, then they are certainly welcome to leave a message here to that effect. I take it that you, Bones, would prefer to leave Mondays (or Tuesday's should we change the night) as DCS training nights. Correct?
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Another thought: We leave Monday nights as DCS training nights. We use Tuesday nights as another game night. Wednesday night is DCS mission night. Of course, this schedule would depend on how much interest there is in playing something as a group on Tuesday nights. In the interest of full disclosure, and I'm just speaking for myself personally, should we keep DCS training on Monday nights, I'm likely going to take a break from it and just show up on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the time being. However, and again to be clear, that's not forever. I'm sure I'll eventually get the hankering to return to training, but right now I just need a little bit of a break.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you may just be stating the obvious there since the poll shows Tue as a good group gaming night, as you stated. for training, folks could still do that on Monday night, again as you stated. seems like it is just turning out that way.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yes, I originally made this supposition before seeing the other poll results to date. Still, I think it is a point worth putting g in bold relief.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 14:17
We leave Monday nights as DCS training nights. We use Tuesday nights as another game night. Wednesday night is DCS mission night.

This totally works fine for me.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 06:08
Trichome wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 06:01
if Im going to spend my time flying and its only once a week (flight games) my preference would be DCS over IL2.
This Monday/Tuesday session will be in addition to our DCS Wednesday night sessions. Nothing is changing with DCS on Wednesdays.
Sorry that line was under the assumption (Monday) or Tuesday would end up being something other than flying....