Disable Tracking Features in Windows 10

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Disable Tracking Features in Windows 10

Post by Falker939 »

Funny thing – when I updated my older rig from a dual core Intel Celeron - to an i5 quad core my computer ran super fast for about 2 days and slowed right back down again. I believe the cause is the Windows 10 programming and all the updates. I never had this problem on Windows 7 until I ran it for about year. I would still like to find a way to disable all the Tracking Features. I’m not sure if it’s Windows 10 or my Chrome browser - but I know my browsing history is being tracked and logged. Like- I would go to the Home Depot website -and the following day I see more adds at what I was browsing. I would say that’s Malware - although it happens right away- even after a new Windows install. More like Built in Malware I’d say.

This Might Help:

Turn off Cortana
Cortana is a digital assistant by Microsoft that will set reminders, perform internet searches, and do many useful things for you. However, in this process, it also collects data about you.

Disable advertising
Windows 10 comes integrated with advertising. If someone is giving you personalized ads, it means they are tracking your data. Turn off the advertising feature from Windows 10 to stay secure.

Visit Settings and click on Privacy.
Go to the General section and under the Change Privacy Options, you’ll see an option that says “Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps”. Turn this off and your advertising ID will be reset.

Then visit https://choice.microsoft.com/en-us/opt-out and turn off the option that says “Personalized ads wherever I use my Microsoft account”.
This will stop all targeted advertising and you can browse the internet without being followed around.

Link:
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/b ... windows-10
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Hammer

Re: Disable Tracking Features in Windows 10

Post by Hammer »

that is how websites do, they use your history on their web site to target you with things they think you are interested in. it is not malware, it is marketing.

chrome and google will synchronize your browsing history if you et it - i.e. are logged in on your android phone (you have to be) and if you use your gmail/google account for chrome on your pc as well. not malware, it is a service. PDT_Armataz_01_05
Helmut
Grifter

Re: Disable Tracking Features in Windows 10

Post by Grifter »

OMG, they’ve gotten to you too! PDT_Armataz_01_18