What happened to Steam

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

What happened to Steam

Post by Falker939 »

What happened to Steam:

I can’t log into my Steam account with the Steam exe from my desktop. It does not recognize password. Although I can log into Steam on-line with the same password.

I have added steampowered.com and noreply@steampowered.com to your contacts list of trusted senders within my email client,

With their automated email , I receive No Code - just a Resume Recovery link that takes me back to the Steam web page. From there - I can only verify or change my email again. I’v been going in circles now for over a week and i can't log into Steam from the desktop exe , nor download and play any games.

When I contacted Steam Support - @ support@steampowered.com I received the following -

Thank you for contacting Valve. This email address is no longer monitored.

If you need customer service or technical support for Valve games or Steam, please go to the Valve Support Site at http://help.steampowered.com and submit a support incident..... However - this link does not help me – It takes me in circles again and again and I’m getting nowhere with it -nor does it offer me an additional email for Steam Tech Support. I need Help - Am I missing something?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Falker939

Re: What happened to Steam

Post by Falker939 »

I even turned off Steam Guard – I will wait a day to see what happens…
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

I found a link buried in the Steam Website and sent them a request for help.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard ... -YBCJ-F83K
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Steam sent the following -

Hello,

We'll need to verify some information with you in order to help with this issue.

Please send us the following information for any PayPal purchase on the Steam account:

Attach an unaltered, full screenshot of a purchase you made on the Steam account in question as shown in your PayPal account, including the invoice ID.
The name registered to your PayPal account.
Your billing address (street, city, postal code).

After verifying your proof of ownership we will gladly assist you with this issue.

Steam Support
Melody
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Well I sent Steam my PayPal receipt , my name , email address , home address , and they never got back to me yet -
So I set up my phone number on Steam , downloaded the Steam app, received several verification codes in my email and my phone, reset my password , and it still won’t launch Steam – I can’t download – or play any Steam games - and it bring me back here every time - I’m at a loss for words.. I’m tossing my hands up in the air , and SMH. I will just wait see if Steam gets back to me by Monday- Tuesday. I know the glitch is on they’re side. I bet all they have to do is update my password with my Steam exe - we’ll see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Okay I got it. :? What happened was - I entered my Account email and not my account name - c'est la vie.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

why did somebody report the first post as containing Warez?
Helmut
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Well Steel… I was trying to delete the entire thread, now that the problem has been solved – and plus the fact that I never received any help or any suggestions from RLG- Therefore I thought it was better off to delete the entire thread and wash it away. That is - Unless there is something here that may be useful – or come in handy. IDK

<S>
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no, no reason to delete threads! :D but you just posted it yesterday, give folks some time. ;) but reporting it causes me extra overhead, and the reason was entirely wrong. so if you do want something deleted, let me know. if you want to change the content just edit it and erase what was posted and put something like "nevermind".
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey Falker,

I didn't see this until now or I would've replied to tell you I have no idea how to help. At least that way you'd know someone saw your post. I get the daily email digest for our forum and tend to skim through that and then reply to post that catch my interest. This one did. If you haven't done so yet, I'd change my PayPal password while I'm at it. Probably not necessary at Steam is and has been a legit company for many years. But, still, I find it a bit alarming they asked for so much information. Like you said, normally you just click on "forgot my password" and go through the steps. Your experience was really out of the ordinary.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I had a problem with Steam almost a decade ago where they wanted to know the last 4 digits of a credit card I'd used to purchase a game on the account.

Apparently, someone reported my account was theirs and so I got disabled until I could prove it WAS mine. Obviously the other person couldn't prove it was theirs. It was annoying as hell, and I was off Steam for like 3-4 hours until it got resolved.

Since then, I've set up 2FA and never had another problem again.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yeah I remember when that happened to you. So far I've had no identify-theft or attempted identity-theft issues with Steam.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Thank You - My email and Username are virtually the same at Steam - I just.. there’s so much stuff going on with several other web sites that I go to - like Newegg who want to use my email as my username. I simply lost count. Lmao!