Favorite Movie

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Favorite Movie

Post by Falker939 »

Captain Horatio Hornblower 1951
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Re: Favorite Movie

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I've heard the Hornblower series that was done by A&E Network back in the 90's was pretty good too. I've not seen the Gregory Peck film but I may check it out sometime.

I can't give you a single all-time favorite movie but I can give you my top 10:

Seven Samurai
Blade Runner
Das Boot
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Gladiator
Alien
Aliens
Ran
Empire Strikes Back
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

BlackHawk Down
Heat
Man on Fire
....... love those movies probably seen them 10 times each.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Did you know that the "Man on Fire" film with Denzel Washington was a remake? The original film came out in 1987.

"Heat" is an utterly fantastic film and one of my absolute favorites from Michael Mann.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 04:00
Did you know that the "Man on Fire" film with Denzel Washington was a remake? The original film came out in 1987.
I didnt know - Have you seen it? worth the watch?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 16:16
Have you seen it? worth the watch?

I have not seen it.
Bones

Post by Bones »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 04:00

"Heat" is an utterly fantastic film and one of my absolute favorites from Michael Mann.
When Val Kilmer finished filming "Batman Forever" he literally left the set, got in his car, and drove to the set of "Heat" and started working right away.

v6,
boNes
Last edited by Bones on 03 Jan 2022, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 08:35

When Val Kilmer finished filming "Batman Forever" he literally left the set, got in his car, and drive to the set of "Heat" and started working right away.

v6,
boNes
I'm sure Val was paid much more for his role in "Batman Forever" but there's also NO doubt in my mind which film he felt was the better project to be in.