Need New Monitor

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Need New Monitor

Post by Bones »

So this morning there was a power surge that got trhough my surge protector and apparently killed my main monitor (that I fly DCS with). It's an older one, ASUS 1080P HD, 24" HDMI...but it's dead, just refuses to power on.

What are your recommendations for monitors to replace it? Don't need anything over $500 but I've been out of the monitor game for a while so don't know what's good or anything ATM. Aside from price, my desk space is the issue--any more than 24" nay not fit on my desk, plus my remaining of the dual monitors is also a 24", side by side with the dead one, so it would be odd having 2 different sizes but if they both fit on the desk, I might consider it. Desk is 20 x 36.

Thoughts?

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Re: Need New Monitor

Post by Hammer »

I too have not been keeping track of monitors, but I believe I may well purchase a 27" 1080p high refresh rate monitor (when it is time). I am not sure there is benefit to higher resolution with aging eyes, but a lot of make-it-look-better features can be turned on with a HD only resolution.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I can’t recommend my monitor enough. I will post a link to it when I get home and can pull up the specs. Simply been a joy to use.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Okay, here is the link to the monitor.

It's a little bit larger than you'd like, but perhaps they sell it in 24"? In any case I would highly recommend it.

Here's a review of the monitor.

A written review

Another written review.

One last written review
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

I’ve been using a LCD flat screen TV as my Computer Monitor for years now via HDMI cable. Today I have a 32’ Sceptre TV 1080p about $200, ..... a Vizio32’ 1080p about $250 - ....... and a Sceptre 40 inch 1080p about $250 as well. They all work great form my needs - for all my computers, and I can read the text on my screen no problem.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5