HALO

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

HALO

Post by Falker939 »

Natascha McElhone as Dr. Catherine Halsey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
PanzerMeyer

Re: HALO

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I've never played any of the HALO games so what's the basic premise?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Oh really , I played Halo Combat Evolved several times and loved the game when it first came out. Space Marines fighting off advanced Aliens is right up my alley. Although I never did care too much for Halo 2, and left off there.. Today I have Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam. In this picture - Behind the Master Chief is part of the HALO, it’s more like a planet , but it goes up and around like a huge ring in space or a Halo.

Plot
The game begins as the Pillar of Autumn exits slip-space and its crew discovers a large ringworld structure of unknown origin. The Covenant pursues the Autumn and attacks. With the ship heavily damaged, the Autumn's captain, Jacob Keyes, entrusts the ship's artificial intelligence (AI) known as Cortana to Master Chief in order to prevent the Covenant from discovering the location of Earth. Keyes orders the crew to abandon the Autumn and pilots the ship to a crash-landing on the ringworld also known as HALO

On the ring's surface, Master Chief and Cortana rescue other survivors and help organize a counter-offensive. Learning that Keyes has been captured by the Covenant, Master Chief and a small contingent of soldiers rescue him from the Covenant cruiser Truth and Reconciliation. Keyes reveals that the Covenant call the ringworld "Halo" and that they believe it to be a weapon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Other than that - Natascha McElhonea is good actress with an English accent who plays her role well. I mostly liked her in Ronin 1998, and Solaris 2002 - and now she fits right into the part as Dr. Halsey in HALO TV series. . I’m only on the third episode, so far so good. There is a big mouth kid that sort of ruins it , but finally…. a friend told her it’s a good thing the Master Chief wanted him to look after her , or he would pound her head in – and that shut her up for the time being. Other than that there’s not a lot of space action yet. One Covenant cruiser drop out of warp next to UNSC Destroyer but it was playing dead , only dropping off one passenger and that’s where I left off. I got the 7 day paramount trial to catch up on Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and found a few other things to watch. I’m going to see if I can finish watching Halo Season 1 this weekend.

Peace
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Falker939 wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 05:49
Space Marines fighting off advanced Aliens is right up my alley.
Oh yes, this is quite a unique premise that hasn't been done a million times already. PDT_Armataz_01_12
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

All right sweethearts what are you waiting for - Breakfast in bed?
Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the crops is like a day on the farm. :)
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

William H. Keith Jr. aka Ian Douglas wrote some great novels about space marines. The trilogy started off very entertaining with an awesome space story in the beginning where the space marines duke it out with aliens , and then travel all the way to the center of the galaxy,.. Although I started getting bored with it around the 7th book because Keith Jr. has a knack of reaping the same scenario in the next novel.

Semper Mars (1998)

Luna Marine (1999)

Europa Strike (2000)

Star Corps (2003)

Battlespace (2006)

Star Marines (2007)

Star Strike (2008)
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

BY The Way - Halo 2022 isn’t bad at all, I might even like it if I can get use to Cortana

The AI now inside Master Chief's head.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

There’s also the short lived series on Fox “Space Above & Beyond”.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Oh and also Starship Troopers.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

StarshipTroopers was a wargame in the 70's, after Heinlein's books. Played a bit of it, read the books back then.
Helmut