Westworld season 4

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Westworld season 4

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Is anyone here watching Westworld besides me and Jedi?

The show has reinvented itself again it seems with putting familiar characters in very unfamiliar circumstances. Don't try to find any answers or try to fully comprehend what is going on because this episode is 100% set-up for what will happen later in the season. If you have been watching the show since season 1 and you have a fairly good grasp of where the story left off at the end of season 3 then by all means, I highly recommend you watch season 4. If you are one of those who maybe watched the first season but then drifted away sometime during season 2 or 3 then quite honestly I don't recommend season 4 because you will be completely lost and frustrated!

Having said all of that, The producers of the series (Joy and Nolan) are absolutely fearless when it comes to making major creative changes in their story-telling. Even with these major changes though, you can clearly see a parallel between "Christina's" life and the life of Dolores during season 1. For clarification, "Christina" is played by Evan Rachel Wood but that's all I'm divulging right now. smile

With episode 2, I think we have a much clearer picture of what Charlotte and William are planning but Christina's plotline is still very much an enigma.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Re: Westworld season 4

Post by Cr33p3r »

I saw part of one episode. It looks like Ed Harris in the old west fighting people who turn out to be naked robots trying to escape the confines of their purpose or something like that. I had no idea what was going on. I may try it again some day ha ha.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 05:57
I saw part of one episode. It looks like Ed Harris in the old west fighting people who turn out to be naked robots trying to escape the confines of their purpose or something like that. I had no idea what was going on. I may try it again some day ha ha.
LOL!! Yeah, Westworld does not have "stand alone" episodes. It's 100% serialized so if you have missed several prior episodes then you will most likely be lost with season 4.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I will try from the beginning and give it 3 episodes to see if its interesting to continue with. My wife and i tried that with Ozark. It was interesting to me but my wife didn't like it after 3 ep's so we gave up watching it. I will return eventually. We tried Breaking Bad once and didn't like it. Then last summer binge watched the whole series together. I guess we were interested eventually. Same experience with Downton and a few other series. i need to try Stranger Things again for this same reason too and Yellowstone.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I know both "Ozark" and "Breaking Bad" are critically acclaimed shows but their premise just simply didn't interest me so I never bothered. As a general rule, if it's not science fiction or some kind of historical drama I am not interested in a show.