Devotion Movie Trailer

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Devotion Movie Trailer

Post by Trichome »

I just happen to stumble across this and it looks pretty good based on the trailer.

Devotion, an aerial war epic based on the bestselling book of the same name, tells the harrowing true story of two elite US Navy fighter pilots during the Korean War. Their heroic sacrifices would ultimately make them the Navy's most celebrated wingmen.

Directed by: JD Dillard

Grifter

Re: Devotion Movie Trailer

Post by Grifter »

Looks really good! Course I’m a sucker for the Corsair.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

You going to get it when its released for DCS Grifter?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 3856208578
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The trailer looks pretty good but I've also learned that trailers can be deceiving. Hopefully this movie doesn't rely on overblown Hollywood action scenes and campy dialogue like "Red Tails" did.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Trichome,

ED would need to fix the issues with their WWII birds first. But, then I would be all in.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Glenn Powell, who played Hangman in "Top Gun: Maverick" is in this film again playing a Naval Aviator. He said that the grandson of Tom Hudner, the person he is portraying, was on set and asked him if he can contribute to help the film. When Glenn asked him what it was, the grandson pulled out the actual Medal of Honor that Hudner received from Truman.

Glenn wore this actual medal in the film. He said he was very honored but also felt very weird wearing THE medal.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Wow, what as great story that is Bones!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I also LOVE the Corsair, but I am in the same boat as Grifter there. I am just not sure DCS WW2 will ever eclipse or equal IL2 series.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I have 100% passed on all DCS WWII content and it will remain that way until they release a full-fledged career and campaign system.
Bones

Post by Bones »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 03:30
I have 100% passed on all DCS WWII content and it will remain that way until they release a full-fledged career and campaign system.
Yeah I tried some of their modules when they had that free week, and I was underwhelmed. I couldn't hit anything even though I was super close and did not even need any lead, and I heard alot of similar complaints.

That said, I do have the Normandy map because there are some Tomcat and Hornet missions in it, so that is fun.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot