Modding Post

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Modding Post

Post by Falker939 »

Isn’t it against RLG Regulations to modify someone’s post?

Unfortunately one of the assistant administrators has been modifying my post in here to try and make me look bad .. Someone was also modding several of my post 10 years ago which is one of the reasons I left back then. You see- I proofread my post to check for spelling and grammar errors before I post it , and I am %110 sure it’s someone else who has been doing this... And it’s not the owner , for if he had a problem with one of the members here in RLG - he would just come out and say so , instead of modding post in secret. . Awhile back I reported this act of betrayal with the admin and there was no response and nothing has been said about it , although later on my post in the MW2 thread was modded back to ‘almost the way it was before , but this time they left out the smiley face. I thought everyone should know that your post are not safe here. That is.. unless this administrative assistant traitor approves of you and your post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Hammer

Re: Modding Post

Post by Hammer »

1. No, it is not. But if it is done the poster is notified either directly in the post or with a PM.

2. I will check groups, moderators, etc. I cannot imagine anyone actually having time to do any such thing just because. Tell me a date.time range during which you think a post was modified.

3. When did you report this previously. I will need to check my messages to see if I have any such report. I do not recall any.

4. Please point to a post where you look bad.
Helmut
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Sure

The post is under MW2 thread
Re: MechWarrior 2
Post by Falker939 » 12 Aug 2022, 15:32

The post was modified sometime after the original posting date , I found out about it in September that the post had been modified and was duplicated into the next posting where I only had a smiley face and no text.. I left the first modified post alone, although in the duplicate post I added a note to it at the bottom. then reported this along with my note using the red exclamation - ( Report This Post )
Use this form to report the selected post to the forum moderators and board administrators. Reporting should generally be used only if the post breaks forum rules.
And I never heard back from the admin , so I figured it was swept under the rug. Some weeks later the post was almost put back to its original state , but with some spelling errors , and the smiley face has disappeared.

Beyond this , I also believe my computer build topic has been modified , although when I found out , I corrected the post back to its original state. There may be more of course , but I would have to go though and check all my post to look for any irregularities..

This was happing all the time 10 years ago , so someone out there must like to f#@ with me… and have you seen Vegeta last post about MW5? I could not make any sense of it.. and then he was gone.. so I’m not sure if he was that bad off , or perhaps someone was screwing with his post to , and possibly others..
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I found the report in my notices, apologies I just never saw it - too busy.

Vegeta's last post in MW5 preorder thread is not unusual: "Refunded my pre order. Can't deal with epic. Hate there anti consumer practices". He has also posted since then, twice. I believe he has even gamed with some of the others on here since then.

The Computer Build topic has one post with an edit, by you. It was originally posted at 16:29 and then edited by you at 17:36 on 23 Oct 2021. Not a lot of time for someone to find it and modify it. If an admin/moderator did so, it would be in the logs. You can see from the logs that an admin did not do so (look at top of log screen shot below to see that those actions are logged - "Hammer edited post on 21 Dec 2021").
Oct2021-actions.jpg
Regarding the MechWarrior2 thread, as seen in the reported post itself there are no edits (it would show the edit by whom and date and time). Also you can see in the second attached log screenshot, no admins/moderators made any changes to that thread/post.
Oct2021-actions.jpg
I am also not seeing at all where you look bad.

There are also no, zero moderators in the forum. There are exactly two admins. Neither of us have the time to be screwing with stuff like this just to mess with somebody, much less with enough time to do even the regular day to day stuff. This investigation has taken time that I do not really have, but this is important to me to resolve for you. Maybe somebody has your login info and likes messing with you? That is really the only possibility I can think of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

And for me one of the attachments is uploading twice in that last post. There is another possibility: for some users in some occasions the forums have acted oddly. Trichome had posted some pics of his project and some pics I posted showed up instead of the pics he posted. I never was able to resolve that issue. Perhaps it is something along those lines.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I have also had a post - post twice - even though I only submitted it once.....
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 07:06
That's usually caused by either a network interruption with the server hosting the forums or with the desktop/laptop/mobile device on the poster's end.

I've had that happen to me a few times on SimHQ.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

One other thing to consider... if edits were made to the post and the logs show that your account made the edits but you KNOW you did not edit the post - then you should take into consideration that someone else may be logging in as you. It could mean that your password is compromised and you should consider changing it. And if your email account also uses the same password, I would highly recommend changing that too, and make sure you pick a different password for both (don't share the same password). Another possibility is that someone else who has access to your computer might be messing with you.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 07:33
Trichome wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 07:06
That's usually caused by either a network interruption with the server hosting the forums or with the desktop/laptop/mobile device on the poster's end.

I've had that happen to me a few times on SimHQ.
Ya, just wanted to point out I've had some wonky things happen to. Technology i guess....
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

For some reason your last post inspired me to post this:

I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

I’ve had a double posting well , in fact that’s what this was in the beginning , so instead of deleting the second post - I deleted all the text in the duplicate post and just left the smiley face there. Sometime later the all the modified text came back next to the smiley face - then weeks later the smiley face was removed and the spelling errors were corrected in both post – but not by me..

So okay roger , unless we have a computer wizard who knows how to cover their tracks – or a professional outside hacker who only likes to mess with me - I would say someone must have figured out my password then.. . Thanks for looking into it , I appreciate it

The Truth Is Out There

P.S. I like old Styx