Days of Infamy (Filipino Fighter Pilots of WWII)

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Days of Infamy (Filipino Fighter Pilots of WWII)

Post by Bones »

Posted at our friends at SimHQ. Going to have to check this out:

My great uncle served as a Filipino fighter pilot during WWII but got shot down and captured. He survived the Bataan Death March and lived on to fly for PAL and test pilot. He was killed in an experimental ultralight crash in the late 80s.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Days of Infamy (Filipino Fighter Pilots of WWII)

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I may have to check this out. With the massive number of WWII films I've seen in my life I have yet to see one from the Filipino perspective.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Me too!

From a Polish perspective, I recommend "The Secret of Westerplatte" which tells the story of the Polish Army having to face the Germans on the first day of WWII, Sept 1, 1939

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll have to check that one out Bones. On a related note, I find quite intriguing that the great majority of people I've spoken to about WWII had no clue that the USSR also invaded Poland 2 weeks after the Germans invaded and that Germany and the USSR divided up Poland between them.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Thanks for sharing this.