Cpt. Royce Williams

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Re: Cpt. Royce Williams

Post by Bones »

Thanks for sharing!

Would this be your great uncle also?

v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

If you listen to the Fighter Pilot Podcast frequently, you start piece together that eventually the military wants their higher ranking officers to do a tour at the pentagon or even attached to a politician's office. A few choose to stay in the pit, however. To do so, some may even leave the military to go work for NOAA or NASA. In the Navy, some fighter pilots will go to ASW school and learn to captain vessels. If I remember correctly, these guys in particular tend to do that tour at the pentagon, and then go off to nuclear engineering and ASW schools.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Exactly Bones! 'Wow thanks for the Find!!

Grt. Uncle Robert Taylor - That’s Him.. This 'may be the first Skull Squadron on record – and I’m sure they were called that at times.. Those pictures are nice and clear – thanks for that. I’m going to share this with the family. “ Hey your alright Bones! Thumbs Up 👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Bones

Post by Bones »

I found those photos here:

https://79thfightergroup.com/85th-fighter-squadron

The other photos you shared look great too! Maybe you can share them with the above website. They have alot of great pix!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I love seeing old pictures..... thanks for sharing all these and his story