windows 11

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

windows 11

Post by Grifter »

Anyone running Windows 11? My Windows 10 OS on my laptop offered to upgrade my OS to 11. My wife has done it and doesn't seem to be having any issues, but thought I'd ask here before going ahead and upgrading. Still running Windows 10 on my gaming PC. Anyone running Win 11 on their Desktop/Gaming PC?
PanzerMeyer

Re: windows 11

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I've been running it for several months now with no problems. 98% of my PC time is gaming though so I can't tell you about any possible issues WIN 11 might have with productivity software like Photoshop or MS Office.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I've been running win11 for about a month. No issues with gaming or Ms office. No more snipping tool but the new alternative works but just different. I did have driver issues with missing ones so I got a free trial to a 3rd party program that cleaned all them up. Been happy and I've found windows 10 drivers work generally.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Im still declining my upgrade. Id rather just let everyone else go through any potential pains before I hop on that train. But Im not very tech or windows savvy so Id refer to Panzers comment...
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

One thing I thought of. There is an option of a stripped-down Windows 11 called Tiny11. I think they made a tiny10 as well. if I had a spare laptop I'd give this a go to see how it works. Supposedly works on very little RAM too.

Article about it:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/1505699/1505699.html

and the link to the locaton:
https://archive.org/details/tiny-11_202302
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Up to now I have not noticed WIN 11 being a resource hog in such a way that I see a noticeable degradation with gaming. There are a few settings I modified of course like turning off Cortana and disabling auto-updates. I LIKE to see what the updates are all about before I decide to install them.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Great anecdotes guys. Appreciate it. I think I’ll update my laptop and see how it goes