Air Force Museum - CFB Trenton

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Air Force Museum - CFB Trenton

Post by Trichome »

Hey Everyone...

Made a visit out to Trenton Ontario to visit family and stopped by the Air Force Museum. Took a bunch of pics and thought I would share.

My grandfather retired as a CWO (he was a Flight Engineer) and flew in the Buffalo / C130 and the Labrador (the little yellow chinook looking helicopter). The latter was his favourite. He said flying low and fast was way more fun than flying in the cargo planes..... I learned this weekend he controlled the winch when they went out for CSAR missions and he would do that any day of the week. That was his favourite task.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uWkHJE6DHqojkg9r5
PanzerMeyer

Re: Air Force Museum - CFB Trenton

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nice pics Trichome! Thanks for sharing.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Pretty good reason to travel to Ontario! Definitely want to visit this air museum. Very cool, Trichome. Thanks for sharing.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Really cool pics. That display of the WW2 tunneling at Stalag III made me want to watch The Great Escape again. :)

Haha I started to look at this at home this morning but now at work the IT commies are blocking the google shortened link. PDT_Armataz_01_19
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I'm hoping to get to an aviation museum in Oregon in a couple weeks and will take some pics too to share.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

You're welcome. Glad you guys liked them.

Damn those commies Creeper....lol. please share yours when you go to Oregon. Looking forward to those.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Well, at my last recent visit to the museum here, I was told that the T-33 that I ride in parades is going to be sold off to someone for museum funds. I've been riding that bird since 2009, I',m sad to see it go...but they said it served its purpose promoting the museum.

Ah well...

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

that's too bad. with those wings clipped its not likely it was going to get off the ground.