Anyone interested in racing?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Anyone interested in racing?

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Jedi, Trichome and myself played some Assetto Corsa Competizione this past Sunday. Would anyone else here be interested in joining us?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Re: Anyone interested in racing?

Post by Trichome »

Im in.... Im always down for a race. F1 or Nascar or Assetto or even Mario Kart...LOL

Creeper got me hooked on Nascar. It was actually a blast to do those races. I think I had him staying on longer than he'd prefer to a few times (thanks Creeper...haha)

Nascar and F1 we can easily do private servers.
Assetto on the other hand is a right pain in the behind..... I cant believe they make it so difficult for friends to setup servers and just play a private race. I have the dedicated server thing installed but I need to open my ports )not an issue) but its the json file I need to update. I hate json files....lol... I thought that was only a DCS issue. The more you know ...

Ill probably make another post about that to keep all the info and screenshots, pdf links etc in 1 place. I may need some assistance with that and if I get it running hopefully my internet will run it with a group (works in DCS)
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Hahah you got that right Trichome! :) I'll look into this game.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for the reminder about Nascar. I'll buy Nascar Heat 5 tonight.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ok I bought Nascar Heat 5 today. I'll try it out tomorrow night.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Racing was fun the other day. I think Nascar 4 would be the way to go. Creeper and I had none of the issues in all our races that we had in the 2 races us 3.

I refunded Nascar 5.
If thats the one we want to play Ill rebuy it on sale. It wasn't worth the 22.00 CAD. I used the refund to pay for Spearhead 1944 for ARMA.....

I think im going to drop the Assetto Corsa Content Manager. I think its to much fuss with for the short amount of time we play and with (hopefully) F1-23 joining our libraries soon. I will try and get Competizione up and running in a serve for only us (and AI). Those are fun cars to drive.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Okay - looks like I got it.. I missed 2 ports

Sorry guys but now I think this should work.... hopefully we can try tonight?
This screenshot is under Server and not LAN and I used the name to search for it..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Let's go ahead and leave it for Sunday since we'll have more time for racing on that day. Does the usual 1:00 pm work for you?
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

If this doesnt work an alternative could be these guys...looks affordable.

https://emperorservers.com/game/assetto ... mpetizione
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

By the way, thanks for looking into that Trichome! Hopefully it will work when we try it on Sunday.

Nascar Heat 5 is decent but it would be nice if it gave us more options besides just being thrown immediately into a race.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Yeah Nascar heat 4 is the same way. It sticks you in a multiplayer race. I'll look at getting that ansetti corso game.

I'll be on DCS tonight at 9pm as usual.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

It became quite apparent to me right away that Nascar Heat 5 is a console game that had minimal modification for the PC when it came to Steam. The total lack of mouse support in the game is inexcusable.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Yes. NH 4 is the same way. I have to struggle through the menus and sliders. Nascar Racing 4 was a great sim and started you in the pits at the beginning. The graphics are now outdated but it was as close to the nascar experience you could get.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 06:21
Nascar Racing 4 was a great sim and started you in the pits at the beginning.
You used the key word "sim". The Papyrus Nascar series most definitely qualified as racing sims. After Papyrus was gone though everything that came out afterwards for the PC was significantly "dumbed down".
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Cr33p3r wrote:
02 Aug 2023, 04:40
Yeah Nascar heat 4 is the same way. It sticks you in a multiplayer race. I'll look at getting that ansetti corso game.

I'll be on DCS tonight at 9pm as usual.
weren't we able to qualify for the races we setup?
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Trichome and I jumped into Nascar 4 last night. There is no qualifying but you can select a few or single race of varying lengths. There are pit stops and caution flags. I starts you right in there as you drive towards the green flag so by no means, a sim but we had a good time and there are ai cars (varies and can be up to 20). I think we finished 3 and 4 in the Xfinity series 23 lap race at Atlanta. There is an option for custom setups or just a slider to make your car more tight or more loose. I think it would be fun for more than just the two of us. Setting up a public race was easy online.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I clearly mis remembered and thought there was a quali. Sorry.

At the start I wasnt in my sim rig and dropped from 1to14th place but was able to finish 2nd and Creeper was in a battle with 1-3 the whole race. So, I think the AI might be a bit more realistic here. It was a battle. They weren't blowing us away.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

the trucks are easier to race against, the xfinity are harder and the cup are the most challenging. we raced xfinity last night. I think if the race was longer we could have gotten closer to the front. the ai was starting to slow their laps as their tires wore. Fun race though and I didn't wreck thankfully.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

OK I'll go ahead and buy Nascar Heat 4 today.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Sounds great. Its still arcady but we had a lot of fun and the Ai will bump you back if you're aggressive with them. I guess its a "jump in and race" experience.