WINGS OF FURY ONLINE CAMPAIGN

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Are you interested in an online campaign?

Poll ended at 18 Apr 2004, 13:24

Yes...it would be cool to get together again and be involved in a campaign
67%
No, I don't think so.
No votes
What the hell website am I at?
No votes
I like to fingerpaint with mushy bananas.
33%

Total votes: 6

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay, I think this could not only be awesome, but awesomely massive given the scope it may encompass.
I knew of a member of frugals who enjoyed the role-playing side of their pilot character so much they wanted to have a little extra additional realism incorporated into their Falcon 4 fun. They would complete mission after mission and eventually be shot down, at which point they would inform me on the forums, of their predicament - it was then my responsibility to assist in their escape using Project IGI as a black ops tool, their escape dependant on the success of my next mission. Any little twists in the storyline of IGI would be used to expand the duration of the rescue operation, prolonging the time frame that pilot was out of the campaign, meanwhile as you are aware the campaign would continue without them, and they would lose ground.
So, yes, i would enjoy that sort of project.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

As you know, I'm totally into this idea and would be happy to lend a hand in writing plots, supplying mock background information, whatever you need. You may recall that I wrote a mock intel report based on actual current events, publicly released CIA documents, mock intel photos etc. I would be happy to put these sort of files together along with mission plotlines, briefings, etc. Feel free to assign me what you need, and I will do my best to get it to you asap. As always, I'm bogged down in work, but I love writing this stuff up. It's a nice diversion from grading papers.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Well I have resurrected OFP and working on an old mission that everyone loved when I first did it. I think it will be even better with the new sounds and units that are available, you guys will like it alot. Now I am having a problem with converting to 1.96, I tried the install it took all of three seconds and my Version number within the game is still 1.91 plus I have to reinsert the addons because I think I did them wrong.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Softball

Campaign

Post by Softball »

I am up for it, my only problem would be finding the time to sit down and design missions. It is very time consuming and time is what I lack the most of lately. I would be more than happy to participate in the campaign with whatever game is on the plate. LOMAC is probably my weakest area as far as game knowledge, I have flown Lomac probably a whole 3 or 4 times since I bought it last year. It's not that it's so complex to learn, it finding the TIME to learn it.

I am involved with so many different games and RL things(Baseball season, Softball games, etc..), I just don't have the time and patience that I used to have. As you probably have noticed, I haven't been around much on our WOF nights. :( On top of that, summer is just around the corner and Debi and I will be spending a lot of our weekends out adventuring on our Seadoo Watercraft.

Some of you know this already, but I am currently playing Shadowbane online, and our guild/clan, along with many other guilds(Allies), is in a "full blown" server war. This means long days and nights of constant fighting, and this really takes alot of my extra playing time that I would normally have with the WOF team.

I would like to dedicate at least 2 nights a week to playing games with WOF, Friday nights being one of them.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Count me in.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Madrus, you could give the students a scenario and get them to fill-in all the damn blanks with their imagination. You get missions/ / campaign for us and the students get graded at the same time!! 8O :roll:
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

you must mean Grifter, not Madrus.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Well, I got to say it.

I don't think YOU are going to be able to commit to doing this. Your current schedule and absence from even casual play demonstrates that. Not a slam dude, but what I observe. Your family and business are priorities that are probably preventing you from anything here...

I have not weighed in on this or committed because I myself am unsure of any committment I can make - due to promotion, etc.

Is anyone else willing and able to step up and help run/create this effort?
Helmut
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

I probably can next month after i finish my move to Vegas.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I'd like to help out, but not sure what i can do really. I can certainly find time to do something, afterall what have I got to do all day? Play golf?!! 8O
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

In about 20 days I'll be available to join in almost round the clock, and I'm very willing to come up with some draft storylines. And I mean this, I've been almost guaranteed this by my parents, and the possible addition of broadband will make it even easier.
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

OK, how's this for a draft storyline:

The year is 2015.

For many decades now, China has been in turmoil. Violent political upheavals have destabilised this country; millions are dying from disease, malnutrition, and the terrible living conditions. The newly elected leader of China, Mao Tu Hana, sees the only way to bring his country out of it's crisis, is to initiate war with the West. He feels that the condition of his people is partly due to 'Westernisation' He was old enough to take note of what happened when Russia was Westernised-the once mighty nation plummeted into debt, with hundreds of obsolete tanks, aircraft, and the hundreds of nuclear submarines rotting around the Kola Peninsula.

Believing that he has no chance of taking on the combined powers of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, he rallies other countries in the east. North Vietnam and Korea willingly join his army, backed up by South Vietnam and Korea, who have secretly been brewing a hatred of all that the West stands for. Terrorist organisations such as Al-Quaeda also rally to his cause. For them, it is a chance to hit back at the capitalists who are polluting the world with their prescence.

In one lightning strike, the Combined Indo-China Union (CICU) sweep south and west, penetrating as far as northen Austrailia and Afghanistan before anyone had a chance to react. NATO passed a resolution, stating that troops would be whole-heartedly commited to halting this threat. Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to strike, terrorists detonate bombs in many major cities, including New York, Paris, Berlin, London, Madrid, and Washington DC. Fearing for his safety, the President is evacuated to a bunker in Nevada

(have to go to lessons, will carry on when I get home, about 4 hours)
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

(OK, back)

Many other key players are also evacuated to this location, including all the leaders of NATO countries. The armies are now split: the overwhelming majority are fighting the CICU in the east, leaving very few to deal with the terrorist threat. The West is falling into a critical condition...

Post here with any thoughts, reccomendations, etc.

Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

(OK, back)

Many other key players are also evacuated to this location, including all the leaders of NATO countries. The armies are now split: the overwhelming majority are fighting the CICU in the east, leaving very few to deal with the terrorist threat. The West is falling into a critical condition...

Post here with any thoughts, reccomendations, etc.

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Not a bad starter - just remember the location needs to be somewhere being currently used by the sim in question. But let's see what you finish the scenario off with - it could easily be adapted or altered if need be. :wink:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

sounds terrific to me. work in some airstrikes and ground missions and we can run them in LOMAC, F4, Jane's F/A-18 or whatever and in AS or OFP or GR or Joint Ops.
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

I was thinking LO-MAC and F4 for all the fighting, Jane's F/A-18 if the CICU gets pushed back to Korea and Vietnam (good seas for carrier ops), GR, JO and OFP for the maing ground war, and RvS and AS for the counter-terrorist bit.

Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Sounds terrific. As far as I know, i am the only one who flies Jane's F/A-18. I'll fly those missions myself unless others want to join.

I will write any Jane's F/A-18 missions.
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

I'll join you on any janes F/A 18 missions and im sure Grifter will be more than happy to tag along if he can get a slot available.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

If I can ever get Janes F-18 to work on my computer I will definately fly them.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU