Just Curious

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Just Curious

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Which Lord of the Ring movie was your favorite and why?

1. Fellowship of the Ring
2. Two Towers
3. Return of the King

My favorite is Two Towers. Mostly because it was the "darkest" of the three and the introduction of Gollum.
Gator

Post by Gator »

I can't differentiate them in my mind. They all seems "the same" to me. I did not really like the last one compared with the other two ... seemed gratuitously long, however I did enjoy the climactic battle scene from the last one. Which one had the tree fighting?
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Two Towers - the Ents destroyed Sauramon's tower...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Gator wrote:I can't differentiate them in my mind. They all seems "the same" to me. I did not really like the last one compared with the other two ... seemed gratuitously

LOL! You probably wouldn't care to watch the extended version then of Return Of The King. It's almost 4.5 hours long!
Gator

Post by Gator »

I suppose I'd like to see the opposite of the extended version ... is there like going to be a "readers digest" version of the entire trilogy (with commentary so I can figure out what's going on)?
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Well, considering the book was over 1000 pages with a couple hundred of appendices covering info that wasn't in the book (although some of it was in the films), and going by the rule that 1 page of screenplay = 1 minute of screen time, the trilogy should've been about 10 hours long. With the extended versions, it is.

Of course, lots of stuff was left out of the films because of time constraints. Having read the books 3 times now, I can't picture the films being shorter--too much would be cut. The theatrical releases ARE the short-forms, the extended DVDs being the correct forms.
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Return of The King - mainly because I like to see stories coming to their conclusions. However, I was just impressed to see Liv Tyler whenever she appeared. 8)
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I just picked up the extended version of LOTR Return of the King. Looking for a day to sit down and watch it! I have no qualms about length since I love these stories. Now I can watch them whenever I want and with DVD technology, I can even watch them in a sort of sitcom style, say an hour at a time if necessary. Simply cool!
Softball

Movie

Post by Softball »

Return of the King is my favorite. It shows the climax of the entire storyline, and I liked the fighting at Minus Tirith. I also liked the good/evil that Gollum portrayed as well.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

Return of the King, for 2 reasons:

1) the charge of the Rohirrin
2) the Warhammer 40k-style fighting

Apparently, Peter Jackson has shown interest in a 40k film
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:Return of the King, for 2 reasons:

1) the charge of the Rohirrin
2) the Warhammer 40k-style fighting

Apparently, Peter Jackson has shown interest in a 40k film

The charge of the Rohirrin was very moving. Masterful movie making at work. Interesting though, the biggest cheer from the audience when I was at the theater was when the ghost army came out of the pirate ships and swept away the orc and orukhai army.