Dead Duck or Rising Phoenix?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Dead Duck or Rising Phoenix?

Post by KODIAK »

. . . . .ior should that read Operation Rising Phoenix? LOL! Anyway, I should imagine this forum will start to pick up again then? Good stuff.
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

I think we can get this going again!! :D

Now that we have a 24/7 campaign server, we can drop in and do missions when it suits us!
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

sounds good to me. If you need briefings/mission schemes/or tactical info let me know and I'll write something up or drag some stats off my Janes' Library.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I dunno...I heard yu cain't wrought too good... ;) :D
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

LOL
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

Lol, your POTUS briefing was good though!
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

ty :D
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

bump

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

We're working on rebuilding our F4 community, which may support a campaign soon if certain people have the time to build missions in line with a campaign. I'll be happy to supply briefs, debrienfs, extraneous info (cut and pasted from Janes or some other reliable source) and plot line as the need arises. However, people are really busy so I suspect the next time we put a campaign together will be a while from now.

THOUGHT:

If Steel has time, I'm sure he'll make missions, which may be grouped together as a unit. Then I could develop a plot line around them based on the brief and debrief. Things between the US and North Korea (NK) are tenuous at best right now. So it would be certainly realistic and viable to make a NK campaign, which would mean that we would not have to do anything special to the F4 install, like add a campaign that is after market or something. I'm also sure that Kodiak could help build missions once he learns how. I could help as early as this summer. Right now I'm tied up with grading.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i can write missions for Falcon...

but i INSIST on a plausible story line, and campaign theme, and consistency! i think we should start small, like a jet fighter squadron deployed somewhere...part of a larger conflict...

thoughts? maybe start a new thread with a plot discussion around this.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Well, first of all, my plot lines have always been plausible. Granted the last one was an audacious venture, but I was catering to a request for a large venue in which we could have smaller vignettes. The story line I made a few years back for a JANES USAF campaign was certainly plausible, predominately an intelligence, anti-terrorist story based on current events of the time. My premise/prologues are exactly that, they are intended to give the backdrop of larger events for a squad based campaign.

We've never gotten far enough for me to prove whether I can maintain consistency or not.

So okay, you want small and consistent. I'm not sure what you mean my campaign theme. Let's start with a prologue, and becuase I'm limited on time, I'll be brief:

Tensions between the US and NK have recently increased over the last sixth months as a result of NK's bold announcement that they have nuclear weapons, and they have no intention of doing away with them. George Bush has treated the NK situation as carefully as possible, knowing that dealing with NK requires true Machiavellian diplomacy...a balancing act in the extreme. Make too many demands and NK will cut off all communications...or worse. Pretend to be a pushover, and NK will press their advantage.

The US government's most recent attempts to bring NK, an axis of evil, to the negotiating table has had a turn for the worse. George Bush has ultimately had to call for NK, who has been testing their ICBM's capabilities over UN friendly nations, to cease and desist all nuclear arms production and to eliminate its current stock, subject to UN inspection of course. NK, of course, flatly refused.

It's Iraq all over again, gents. A long winded document demanding NK compliance pushed through UN hearings, where some nation members ae more than simply reluctant to support US initiatives. NK feigns compliance for a brief period of time, and ultimately the final solution of war wins favor despite UN objection when NK essentially tells the US and Great Britain to piss off. War starts tomorrow, suit up.

Sorry that's the best I can do at 10:30 at night. Hope it's to your liking.
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

Great start! :wink: