Superbowl

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Superbowl

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So...do the Eagles stand ANY remote chance of winning or are the Patriots going to repeat?
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Being from MA, you know I want the Pats to win. However, I think McNabb and crew do stand a reasonable chance, especially if Owens is in good health. Still, even without Owens, they may very well pull it off. The Eagles are a very strong team. Good quarterback, solid receivers, decent defense. They got the tools. Either way, I think it's going to be a hellava game. Course I said that about the steelers/pats game and it turned out to be a blowout favoring the pats. shrug. Final thought: McNabb proclaims himself a pocket QB, but he is too at ease to run the ball himself. Consequently, he may not utilize his receivers as much as he should and lose yardage; especially, if the pats defense is mindful of his habits and pressures him into his running game.
Softball

Superbowl

Post by Softball »

Well, put it this way, every team that the Pats have played in the SB has has been favored to win the SB. The Pats have won against all odds in the last 2 of 3 SBs. This year the Pats are favored, and I predict the Pats will win again. However, I almost always root for the underdog, so I will be rooting for the Eagles in this one.

On a side note, the Pats tore apart 2 of the best / highest scoring teams in the AFC in the last 2 weeks, that accomplishment should speak for itself. I tip my hat to the Patriots for a job well done.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Chowda

Post by Chowda »

Repeat.....not even going to be close
Fly Baby Delta
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Its time for another black quaterback to take it all. Besides the pats are still weak in the secondary due to some injuries late in the season(if memory serves me correct), plus if they(the pats) can't contain McNabb then they have another problem to contend with which will stretch there already thin linbacker and secondary corps. A moving quarterback against linebackers that can't contain him wins everytime, and we all know that the AFC is not known for its mobile quaterbacks so this is definately new for them(atleast not a norm).

I pick the Eagles, it maybe close(eagles don't know how to put a team away IMHO), but the Freak will put some serious pressure on Brady.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

The Pats. because they have a white quarterback.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OMG! 8O
Helmut
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I can always count on MADRUS to go right when I go left(I love you for that MADman). Its not a white or black thing with me, I just want to see a change. I hope I don't offend anyone but I've always hated the stereo type that we(black people) are there purely for muscle(on the football field) and not able to lead(as quarterback). The Eagles will run the Patriots thru, but in all fairness may the best man/team win(we all know that its the quarterback who wins or loses the superbowl).

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, DA, that is a very pointed view. Let's take your favourite QB there, and surround him with a college team - you honestly think they're gonna win the superbowl? Of course not. The team makes the QB, not the other way around. The same can be said for Pele, Gretzky, and a dozen others we could mention. That is the reason it's a team game, don't you think. 8O
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I think DA and Madrus should start their own "CROSSFIRE" or "HANNITY & COLMES" style show.