Great Zone Battle That Just Happened Not Long Ago (story abo

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

bongo bongo

Post by bongo bongo »

-- Mechwarrior Log Entry --
Date that the even occured: June 27,2001 10 pm ET

So I was called to drop at around 10 pm ET by slam and accepted the call to duty. I arrived to room 10 in the zone. The Host, Hawk, assigned me to go to room 1 where I found cougar, general ares, our lead(i forget his name but he was from DCM) and the enemy waco with some others. It was a 4vs4 game with 5 lives on the map, dustbowl.

It was an amazing game. We were each in a Thanatos and the enemies were in two Thanatos and two Atlas so they had the advantage mechwise. Throughout the game we were getting beaten down...Until, we came up with a brilliant plan. First, we focused on the Atlas's arms (where they carry the bulk of their weapons) then we left them alone and went after the Thannies.

Before they realized we were not going after the Atlas, we already took two lives away from the Thannies. Then the Atlas decided to commit suicide since they barely had any firepower and we were not firing at them.

Soon enough we took out the atlas arms again and finished off all of the thannies lives. So we were down to two Atlas that had four lives. Our team was still alive but had only one live left each, except for cougar, he had two.

We took out the arms of one atlas (Waco's) and went straight for the CT of the other Atlas (cpt something.. I forget his name).

Eventually, we were beaten down. Our lead went down first. The Cpt.'s Atlas was taken out. Then I went down next. So it was up to ares and cougar. Ares was pretty weak and then he got blasted. So there we were, watching Cougar and Waco dueling it out. They each had 2 lives. They were fighting for about five minutes I would say. Cougar's heart was pounding but still able to aim that reticle with precision. Baam! The Atlas was destroyed. It's not over yet, Waco still had one life. Thanks to the Atlas's laggy weapons and Cougar's great skill for aiming at the CT, he was able to beat that Atlas thus giving our team the win! It was an awesome strategy which brought us victory.

I admit it was a tough battle. It was the first time I went into a league drop having the disadvatage in tonnage and actually come through with a victory.

Cheers to those whom I played with in that battle. I hope to play with you again someday soon.

-- End of Log Entry --
Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Great job Bongo. My drop we had 3 atlas and thanny vs FWL same. We had our problems but we held in there I was the 1st out but got 4 kills 3 atlas and 1 thanny...it was a good match I need practice with piloting atlas I tried to drive it like a thanny thanks for showing up on short notice. Mav,Bongo,Cougy and myself had a good time it gave us some insight on how Waco pilots play.
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Sounded like a great battle guys, just sorry i missed it. Me and Killerhorse had to take on 4 Waco earlier after Mooseman and Bron had problems connecting (and with the inevitable defeat that followed), delighted to see you guys kickin ass and takin names with the Waco and showing them what we will do when things are a (bit) more even (well, they still had advantage with the tonnage. hehehehehe).
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience