scroll lock key

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

All,
Here is the result of my questioning about the scroll lock key..

http://64.9.147.174/forum/cgi-bin/ultim ... 2&t=000235

The guys that responded know the game very well. Killer, you can prolly take this to the BZ4 peeps... Maybe someone could test it to ensure it is no longer true in 1.5. You all SHOULD remove 2.0 beta until the offocial patch is released (supposed to be soon...).
Helmut
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Killer, Steel, thank you for looking in to this for us as you know it was a real bone of contention the other night.
Just to clear something up tho, myself, Peek and Wizard attempted this in a private test game last night with myself hosting. All three of us were communicating on Bcom so when i pressed the scroll lock key, i instructed Wiz and Peek instantaneously to shoot me. I was kicked back to desktop with grey warning box (with continue, exit options, etc)and after a few seconds clicked continue, hit scroll lock key (cos i assume it would kick me back out if i didnt turn it off)and i returned to game just in time to see final blast from Peek's mech rip me in the head (damn buggers had aimed for my head with all shots, rest of mech was completely ok :sad: ).
Anyway, just thought i would let you know and i am sure if anyone tests it they will find same result. I have my own ideas about the problems the other night, tho those thoughts i will keep to myself :wink:.
C ya all online
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

I can't really comment on this 'scroll lock' thing but I am convinced of a 'cheat/hack' thats being used. In several TA games I have come across what appears to be mechs using NHUA configs but in Heat On, Ammo On games. A 6 or 7 ER Large Nova Cat on Palace that did not suffer shutdowns was one such occasion. Roll on the 2.0 patch.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Lancers%20Sig.gif[/img]
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

I found this on the MekTek site. It comes, originally, from Micro Soft.

"Scroll Lock

Pressing Scroll lock in a Multiplayer game does nothing for the player that presses it, if the Presser is the host, it will disrupt the game and eventually cause a connection error. The scroll lock function is a debugging tool used to create a text file of the computer specs, it has no other function."