Armour

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

at a guess, i think the specialized armors add about 1/4 to a 1/3 extra resistance to the weapons its desighned for. in my laser thor, i use reflective. and i noted that as a generaly rule a 6 CERL madcat takes about 3 shots to my CT to kill me. however when ive changed the armor to reactive or took another thor that had ferro it only took 2 shots CT for a kill. the same went for reactive. however it did seem like reflective even helped a bit against LBX. (shrugs) not sure why just seems that way. i do know that from experiance with my thor. it seems more prone to damage from missiles and Guass weapons. it seemed weaker then both reflective and ferro in this fashion. now reactive seemed vulnerable to PPC fire. this is all based on experiance not books or anything. just my assesment.
DysedChiken

Post by DysedChiken »

I realize I am just a Chiken but think of it like this....

If you take reflective on Lunancy....generally speaking your a 3 shot kill against a sniper Cat.

If your in the Palace....and you have reflective your toast.

Tip....when you know your going to be facing more gauss and munitions based weapons take reactive....when your facing a flurry of lasers or there is going to be a ton of snipers....take reflective. Guauss hurts your ass no matter what you take...its degree.

Now the simple way of doing this so you come up with an all purpose mech....how many shots does it take in the CT to kill it. Generally speaking the majority of the mechs out there take two and no more. So you design your armour to withsand a bit more than two alphas...and you design your weapons load to GAURANTEE a kill in two alpha strikes.

Works for me...its just my opinion.

Dysed
LazyChiken

Post by LazyChiken »

BAWK!

Specialized armour gives 33% bonus against particular weapon type. I.E. damage 48 for 6 ERL becomes 32 when against reflective (remember, that it still dont affect internal structure). Major drawback of specialized armour is that it weight MUCH more, but when you max it, it works as good as FF against other weapon types like missiles. I use only reflective from time to time, and only when facing 7 ERL Novas (allow you to survive 2 shots) or on small mechs (they tends to get hit by laser only anyway).

C ya online,
LazyChiken