Firemane

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Slamhammer

Post by Slamhammer »

Welcome and <S> to Firemain. I hope you will enjoy your self in our little family. again welcome and don't forget have fun....<S>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slamhammer on 2001-12-10 10:11 ]</font>
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

Welcome mate
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Lancers%20Sig.gif[/img]
Firemane

Post by Firemane »

Special thanks to Killerhorse and Slamhammer for their greetings, and the chance to try out for the unit. Thanks to you too Lancer, and my compliments on that web page- the best of the lot!

Killerhorse recommended that I give a bit of an intro. I'm a BattleTech player from the early eighties (jeez, how long??), and I have read all of the paperback novels there are (except for some of the OOP ones). So, I have a decent knowledge of the universe, or at least, a passion for it anyway. I'm freeborn though and through, and I'm not too much on the Clans. I've found the traditions of the IS units and the intrigue of their politics to be a lot more enjoyable. No offense to anyone who likes to vacation on Strana Mechthys (sp?).

I'm had MW2 and MW3, though I had most of my playing time on MW2. I did some online MW2 games, but the lag was really awful (and so was I). I have had MW4 for about a month and have really gotten hooked on it. But after playing in the open servers for awhile, I was really anxious to find a unit where teamwork meant a little more than frag counts and cocky chat. I was also hoping to find something that had some strategic element too it, and just wasn't an endless stream of drops that don't add up to anything (other than 4:00am!).

I'm not married to any particular designs, though I've had some fun with a Vulture design. A lot of people scowl at the missile boaters, but I find it to be challenging when the gauss-fanged Daishis wander up to the front, or when some Shadow Cats some leaping over the terrain and find me in my hiding spot. I also like to try fast moving scouts, and I would be lying if I didn't say I have my own 4 gauss daishi variant parked in the garage. What I pilot isn't quite so important as fulfilling whatever role I am assigned to & giving a good account of myself- AND- protecting my comrades whenever possible. And sometimes I still see the SIG Nova Cats popping up over those hills in that NH/UA game <thousand yard stare>....but I digress...

I'm looking forward to trying out for the unit, and I will appreciate any advice that will help me hold up my end of the fight. I don't have any experience with league play, so I'll need any help I can get to understand how things work & where I might fit in.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try out for ELH. I look forward to meeting and working with you all.

-firemane
Biobod

Post by Biobod »

Hi:
Welcome to the unit...its good to c people that ike the novels besides the game...i havent read all of the...trying to get a hold on a many as possible.
In regard to mechys, Daishis are not popular with us, you will see Thors,Lokis, vultures Mad Cats(my personal favorite) and Shadow Cats, we not into the assault machy thing here...but you may see them.
A lot of us come from playing MW2(memories!!), some MW3(that one sucks) and been playing MW4 since it came out...lately we have seen some action with the expansion pack(it rocks..get!!)
Hope you like the unit and we promise not to kill you to many times when you drop with us fror practice :smile:.
<S>!
Biobod
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as
night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"
Sun Tzu
The Art of War, Standard year circa 500 B.C.
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

Clanners? Where?

Firemane I too am proud to be 'freebirth scum'!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ELH~Lancer on 2001-12-11 04:43 ]</font>
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Advice?

Just keep the faith, Brudda.
:smile:
Falker

Post by Falker »

Welcome to the stables Fireman. Lots of Battle Tech readers here to chew the fat
with. Im an Ex Clanner who used to serve with the Nova Cats but was captured as a
bondsman several years ago today. As you know Eridani has a reputation for being
the best elite mercenary unit in the inner sphere. I'm glad to be here with these
Freebirths. They show good team work in Battle. Welcome Aboard .

~~> Salutes Lt. Falker 7th Striker Battalion

BTW . Nice Christmas Flash you have on the Home Page Lancer. :smile:
We're in the pipe , five by five.