I'm just an analog person, in a USB world.

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Anybody else out there using the CH Control Manager? I am either getting all Axis working fine, without buttons, or I'm getting buttons without anything centered. I'd like to compare maps, if you've actually gotten yours to work.
Lieutenant Colonel Featherhorse Ravenwater
21st Regiment Eridani Light Horse (Ret.)*

*[size=59]Retired or Retarded, pick one. [/size]
:drink_bud
Falker

Post by Falker »

Hails

I don't have a CH control manager but I do have the CH Joystick Test Program and CH Joystick Control Center for Win 95.

I got it on CD with my very old CH game stick back in 96 and have use the drivers for my newer CH game stick I purchased in 99

If you want , I can send them on ICQ , Zip it and add it to a web page or copy and mail to your location.

Good Luck and let me know if I can help :smile:

ELH Falker
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

see now everyone knows why i get things microsoft... things that are made togather crashes together..... well and once and a while they DO work togather too.. lol

sorry duder i dont have anything like that since ive been a MS stick man my whole sticking mechy life.... but i know there HAS to be alot of forums out there dealing with the issue... there are just too many flight sim fanatics out there for it all to be hush hush. once i get my digital ducks in a row here on the ol pc. i will do some hunting for ya. when you get a chance plop down what outfit you got on the forum here so i can do the search thing on some info.

hope to see ya in the cockpit soon, instead of the mechbay with the stick in one hand and a bundle of wires in the other chaseing the tech boys around.....
<S>
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Thanks Falker, I got copies of the 5.0 and 5.1 installation disk with these, so I'm sure I'm set as far as the Control Manger goes. I'm just having fits getting any of my buttons working properly, while still attaining axis-centered-oneness with the universe.
Ooohhhhmmmmmmmm
See? Nothing!
I think BH is right (of course! never argue with your Kahn). I'll try hitting the news groups today, and see what I can scare up.

Thanks guys,
<S> Fethr
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Feather,
I will ask the guys in my flight sim unit if any of them have the same HOTAS...
Helmut
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Danke Herr Steel,
FYI, I've got the Combat schtick, Pro Pedals, and Pro Throttle, all USB, and all just as exhasperating as the analog versions.
I'd say "I will return.", but MacCarthur said that before the PC was invented.

Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

An update...

I have reformatted, started from scratch, reinstalled everything, and tried again. In short nothing has changed since before Christmas. :.( Mince is coming over tomorrow night to make sure it's not something in the hardware or user error. Shup Bron! (U2 BH) Bob Church of Stickworks.com has offered to take a look at my .map file and give what aid he can. Seeing as how he is the feller who wrote the CH Control Manager, I feel greatly blessed.
Of course having Friends like Mince and Hulk and Wings like you guys, it goes with out saying, I have been blessed for some time now. Wife is quite happy tho. It seems that I have gotten to the point of firing up MW4, and not even cussing. Good thing too, I was starting to sound like Bron on a bad night.

Please cross something, light some candles, or even a supplication or two would be appreciated.
<S>

Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

I got it fixed!
No, really!
All axis, and all buttons. The problem is that MW4 only supports 11 DirectX buttons. any more than than and it wigs out. When is an 8-way POV hat not an 8-way POV hat?
When it is 8 individual buttons. Those will eat up your allotted 11 buttons REAL quick.

Suffice to say, I'm baaaaaaack.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Kooh! I am very happy about that - now get to kicking some mechy butt!
Helmut
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Aff Dat!
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Yes! finally I'm done.
(famous last words, see above)
Except for some stuff on the wrong side of the hat from where it should be. It's done.
I should be ready to return to active duty, by this weekend.

Lookin forward to lettin y'all kick my butt around,
<S> Fethr
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Woohoo this gets better......in last few days we have had 2 new pilots (Brutius and Kasumi) and 3 excellent old timers (Coug, Fethr and CAM :razz:) returning to active duty, or are close to doing so.....
Hope everything turns out okay Fethr, i am looking forward to getting taught a few lessons by those who know better :smile:

Glas
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience