Are Newer Main Boards Smarter ?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Post by Falker »

Are Newer Main Boards Smarter ?

Yes I think so. I've been having nothing but problems for the last year with the old one I got with this bare bones system. The other day I went out and got me an ASUS A7V 133 Main board with built in 64 MB memory and a built in fan for the chip set. ASUS made installation easy even for people like me that's never installed a mother board before. The newer BIOS tells me what I need to do on computer start up for optimum performance. Nice :smile: It said I had to change my sound card to another PCI slot so it wouldn't share an IRQ AND change my set up in window config so other programs wouldn't overlay one another. Also I didn't need to reinstall certain programs over again after reinstalling WIN 98 and clearing the registry. Like MW4. A few of my programs even wanted to run at higher settings now. Im impressed with this newer Main board and Bios and have found them to be very user friendly. :smile: Anyone want my old cheaply built Main Board ? Im thinking about using it for a one time Frisbee heheh.

<S> Falker
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

use it to go shooting m8...if i were u, i'd get a clay pigeon trap and a shotgun, load it in, then ur away....best fun u'll ever have :smile:
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]