Happy New Year!

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Not quite there yet DH, stil got 12 hours to go here. Whilst we are on the suject of Black Knight, has anyone completed the Campaign yet??? I have got to the volcano part and a mission called 'PayDay' where you have to kill lots of mechs before facing Major Dupree in a one on one. I just cant seem to devise a tactic or find a suitable mech to kill her with, she CTs almost every time. I have even got the Lancemates to do all the knife fighting with enemy so i dont get hit at all (they just die as soon as she powers up anyway) but i still cant get past getting her CT flashy red. Maybe there is a knack to it, or a certain tactic that works well??? If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Glas
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
Falker

Post by Falker »

I got to the same point and couldn't kill her either. I geared up for long range , short range and even had all my other pilots shut down and on stand by after I got repaired at the mech bay. The problem is that your other pilots are blown up no matter where they are and you get warped back to the point where she wants you, no matter where you are..... I could leg her with some lucky shots , but man that takes time to go throughout all that just to try all over again heheh :smile: No , I never got past her , but I remember her well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Falker on 2002-01-01 09:10 ]</font>
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

DH ,Falker....thnx for the advice guys. I never knew you could recharge and reload at the mechbay so i will try that out next game, see if i can get any closer....however the fact that aint her and you have to fight another mech afterwards leaves me wondering if its even worth trying :wink:

Glas
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

Don't walk straight through it, like an unnamed member of this unit did in a game :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ELH~Lancer on 2002-01-03 00:58 ]</font>
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Lancer, remember not to mention Dek's name, we dont want everyone knowing who we are talking about :eek:

Glas
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

What can i say, good advice DH!!!
Used an Atlas with 2 erll, 2 sets of cstrks and 1cultra ac10 and 1cultra ac20.....boy, they things dont half cause some damage. I used to think clbx was king for close range, now, hmmmmmmmmm..........
Anyway, cheers for the advice :smile:
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

One final note, the closing video was pretty cool, but after going halfway through the credits, i restarted the game, changed my status from Vet to Elite but now when i click on campaign in main menu, it keeps taking me back to the same 'payday' mission.
I DONT WANT DAMN PAYDAY, I WANNA NEW MISSION!!!! :smile:
Anyone help???
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

create a new pilot
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Ahah, thanks Feth'r, never thought of that.
DH, was gonna do that but i doubt it would change your pilot status.

Glas