Sword and Fire

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Given that my knowledge of B-tech is practically nil, i have been wanting to get a book that would give me more insight into the history of it all. What better book to start on than the one which charts our own Unit's history.....now i just need to find a bookshop in Scotland that sells it.
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
Falker

Post by Falker »

Michael A Stockpool started the that series and un-fortunately put an end to it too. He talks mostly about politics and propaganda. Brandon Lee wrote a nice space battle with Clan Ghost Bear on their way through clan space. I liked it :smile: infact I thought the whole series was good reading from start to finish. Good Battling !

<S> Falker
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

'Dagger Point' by Thomas Gressman is another novel that deals with the ELH. Not a great read but deals with the Regt post Huntress.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Lancers%20Sig.gif[/img]
Biobod

Post by Biobod »

Besides Sword and Fire there is also Shadows of War,The Hunters and Dagger Point. The first 3 are from a series of books called The Twilight of the Clans try and get them all, its a great story and ELH is a central part of the plot(there are 7 books in all i think). Go to Amazon.com if you cant get them in a book store.Happy reading :smile:
Biobod
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as
night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt"
Sun Tzu
The Art of War, Standard year circa 500 B.C.
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Hehe, guess who has the highest offending rate for non-return of books, and what particular genre has the highest loss rate as well.
Forget the library.
I have bought almost the entire series on E-bay. Yes, I even paid $60 US for an unread copy of "The Sword and the Dagger". Keep watching, as there are plenty of near mint books out there still.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Can anyone recommend a good place to start from re: all these btech books.....i'm working on the assumption that there are loads of them, and therfore want to enter the storyline at a convenient point, and also which of the technical readout books would be a good one to get, to get some decent btech knowledge

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mooseman on 2002-01-14 17:35 ]</font>
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I am also interested in the same... Next I will have to create enough time to read them! :smile:
Helmut
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

I have a URL for a chronologcal listing for the novels.
http://dropship.steelcommand.com/novels/novels.html
Although not 100% accurate, it gets the job done. I originally read the "Blood of Kerensky" trilogy 1st, which is a help, as it sets the whole Clan/IS universe in perspective.
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Or when you're on the toilet...
:*