Formats.

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Hails all,
i will be gone for a few days i think.
i am completly reformating my whole system this time.... i already did the D drive and am now doing the C drive. i expect a good day at finding my software, getting stuff installed, redoing mw4 and BK. setting up my faverates again and all that jazz. i hope this fixes some of my funky problems and hope to be up and going in good shape soon. till then <S>!
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

I pray i am wrong, but i think i may be joining you in reformatting BH :sad:
I have a weird problem at the moment which causes my screen to literally just 'blink off' when i am on desktop or desktop applications i.e ICQ, Kali etc (strangely enough it NEVER happens in game ???, and even stranger is the fact it ONLY happens when i am online).
As a last chance saloon type of thingy, i have changed my screen Res from 800x600 to the higher setting and hope that works...if not, i'm buggered :sad:
Only good thing is, i have done it that often before it is like second nature now so shouldnt be more than a few hours before i am back online.

Glas
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Famous last words...
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

Hmmm, all of a sudden i dont feel so confident about it :roll:
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well i got it done for the most part. found an interesting thing out. it looked like when i installed BK it installed 2.0 patch to mw4. ::shruges:: will have to see if it works hehe. all things are formated and surface scanned. i got kali up and most apps that i need right now. now i got to do the map thing AHHHH!!! anyone know what maps are essential for league play?
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

BH, i think only BZ4 has maps other than the default ones, for NBT4 you need BK installed tho. BZ4 maps needed are on the main page of the site when you sign in.
Believe it or not btw, but changing my screen res HAS worked. I dont even care how or why it is, all i know is .....IT WORKED!!! :grin:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Oh come on Glas - be a man - reformat! :razz:
Helmut
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Yeah, it did wonders for me!
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

As long as this is working okay, the only time i will be reformatting again will be when i get a CDRW to be able to save what i have. With a 56k connection and all the maps, proggies etc required it takes weeks (or days at least) of constant downloading to get it all back.
Even with my very limited knowledge of computers, i stil cannot work out how INCREASING the screen res would work....decreasing it i could see the point cos maybe your card wouldnt be able to handle the higher setting....not too worry, main point is i won't be having to restart my comp everytime i go from game to desktop to check something (well, it seemed like every time i was on desktop it happened anyway)!!
Thanks for the advice Steel, but i think i would rather be a mouse with a working comp than a man pulling his hair out trying to get what was a working comp, back to working order :razz:

Glas
ELH~Lancer

Post by ELH~Lancer »

If it ain't broke don't fix it
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Lancers%20Sig.gif[/img]
Crickett

Post by Crickett »

A big AFF to that Lancer!hehe