Earthquake

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

If you all want to see something cool, go here...

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/117-33.html

Happened about 7 minutes ago, and felt like a snap, as opposed to the normal rumbling/shaking that I have experienced before. This epicenter is about 25 miles from my (new) home...
Helmut
Featherhorse

Post by Featherhorse »

Wow, that's cool!
Makes me glad I live in tornado alley instead, tho.
GlasgowCelts

Post by GlasgowCelts »

DOH.....there was me thinking we had a new recruit called 'Earthquake'....hmmmmm :roll:
Shoulda realised when it was Steel who posted and not Killer.
NEVER get in to an argument with a stupid person......they will just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Steel, when slammy said something about shakeing things up, i dont believe this is what he ment. we were refering to the mechwarrior leagues and not real life!! please disist so the rest of california may rest easier :razz:

PS you held up ok threw this thing? was a bit concerned when i heard about it.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Oh yeah bro! No worries... It was actually humorous (after the fact...)! A friend of Danielle's had JUST left, and we thought she had backed into the house! :smile:

But it was cool overall... I am sure the snap was due to being so close to the epicenter, and it was only a 3.7... If you look at the map in the link, you will see two other VERY minor earthquakes the week prior. They were not felt, and small ones like that are usually indicative of the larger one coming...
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Just talked to JB - he did in fact NOT feel the earthquake...
Helmut
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

we had an earthquake over here a coupla months ago....was a bit worrying ,as no-one really expected it to be an earthquake...we get small tremors a lot, but they can't be felt by ppl....instead, ppl thought it was either an explosion in a house (some1 had a log fire going, and we could c the smoke), or (god forbid), it was a repeat of NY, as we live fairly close to an airport..was exciting for a coupla minutes!!
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]